Problems streaming with Apple TV (Disney+ and Apple TV+) after Firmware Update last Week

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Problems streaming with Apple TV (Disney+ and Apple TV+) after Firmware Update last Week

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 08:55:01
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20200918 Rel. 74476

Hello,

Since I have updated my P9 for 3 days I have streaming problems with all my Apple TVs 4. Connection is still there, Speedtest fine (min. 125). Doesn't matter if it's Disney or Apple TV+. It works between 15-30 minutes, then there is a pause between 1 and 5 minutes then it works for the next 15 minutes. Connection is fine on all other devices such as iPhone, iPad, MacBook etc. 

br Gerhard

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problems streaming with Apple TV (Disney+ and Apple TV+) after Firmware Update last Week
2020-12-10 11:01:32 - last edited 2020-12-10 11:02:27

@WindischHome 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the issue only start after the firmware update?

2. When the TV paused, would there be any error message?

3.Would turning off the fast roaming and Mesh technology make any difference?

4. Did all the Apple TVs all connect to the 2.4ghz , or 5ghz,even Ethernet connection?

5.Could you please try to draw a network map from the modem to  Deco, then to the TV as detailed as possible?—especially the connection between Deco’s.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Problems streaming with Apple TV (Disney+ and Apple TV+) after Firmware Update last Week
2020-12-10 19:48:28

@TP-Link 

Hello,

thank you very much for your reply

1) yes after the update

2) no additional messages - I have only the circle as if it were reloading for 1 or 2 minutes. Sometimes only 20 seconds....

3) I will turn off the fast roaming - but I have to wait until tomorrow with the test. No Family tv session today ;-) and I don't want to wait for the first break 15-45minutes. I will inform you as soon as possible if something has changed 

4) I have activated both frequencies 2.4 and 5ghz - no idea which of them where used from my Apple TV - sorry

5)

See attachment. The 3rd P9 is in the basement directly under the first P9. The other Apple TV is also at the same position but in the basement. I have  tried a "old" Apple TV (no hd) the same results

br & thank you for your help

gerhard

File:
61C1EF69-140F-4040-B829-CCF5B507EE35.pngDownload
Options
2020-12-11 10:05:13 - last edited 2020-12-11 10:05:38

Same problem here.....

Options
2020-12-11 21:15:05

@TP-Link

I have disabled mesh for this device. At least I had no disturbance for the entire film. It wasn't a 4K film, just normal HD and stereo. Let's see if it doesn't appear in other films either. See attachment. 

Options
2020-12-12 07:47:58

@TP-Link 

also deactivated the mesh function on apple homepod - same problem there - dropouts 

the p9s cost a fortune and cannot be used after the update.

:-(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 932

Replies: 5

Related Articles