Deco M4 firmware downgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 15:32:00
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel.74289

Hello!

I am a Deco M4 owner for more than one year. I was very happy with them: I had a very stable mesh network that didn't need any restart for almost one year. However, this summer I received an update that screwed everything up. Since that update, my mesh network is very unstable, with frequent disconnections. I'm a patient man, I waited and hoped that new firmware updates will solve the issue, but they didn't. I really need to downgrade to an older version. Any version released in 2019 will do. However, on the support page, I can only find the last 3 releases, and all of them aren't working properly for me.

I have 4 Deco M4 routers, running in AP mode:

Deco#4 )))((( Deco#3 )))((( Deco#1 --- Main Router )))((( Deco#2

I don't need Guest network, I don't need Google Assistant, I just need a stable and simple wireless mesh network.

How can I downgrade to an earlier firmware version?

Options
14 Reply
Re:Deco M4 firmware downgrade
2020-12-08 16:08:58

@cosmindaniel12 same here with 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Main deco connected to Internet > on the secondary Deco which is in the same room just 6 meters away the speed is 10x slower :(

Everything was working fine until recently and then an update came and hell break loose - everything started disconnecting, flashing and now the speed is drastically slower. I have 3 Deco M4 and two of them are constantly disconnecting.

Options
2021-07-25 11:03:50
Same here with M4 after update i want to downgrade it anyone here know how ?
Options
2021-07-25 11:43:27
same here all we do just wait for another update fix this stuff ?
Options
2021-07-26 06:22:26

@NomeraYuji 

Hi,  I see that your current firmware is 1.4.3 and Currently the latest firmware for Deco M4 is 1.5.x;

So did you mean after updating to 1.4.3, the speed slow down?

Would you mind providing more details about your current issue after the firmware, like how much speed you could get before and after the firmware upgrade?

And how did you test the speed?

Options
2021-07-26 07:42:32

@TP-Link 

Model: M4
V:1

After im updating it i have counter alot of problems like slow and internet connection unstable also i cant even paly game.
Im using it as Router Mode
my speed internet 390Mbps . i already checking with my ISP is working fine also switch with XiaoMi Router seems to working fine as well

Options
2021-07-26 13:57:54

@cosmindaniel12 The only solution was to return all three M4 Deco - they tried to fix them but to no avail. Conclusion - get rid of the mesh system as it is unreliable, buggy, and not worth the money. Btw the support is also terrible as this and the other similar threads are showing ...

Options
2021-07-26 16:59:50

Unfortunately I can't return them anymore, sice I bought them almost two years ago. I sold them for less than a third of their price on the local market. I replaced them with cheap Mercusys Halo S12 mesh nodes.

I can't recommend them enough and I'm sure I will be able to use them for more than a year, as I was able to reliably use the TP-LINK ones.

I won't go anywhere near a TP-LINK product again!!!

Options
2021-07-27 01:40:42

@cosmindaniel12 After update for 1.5.0 router sucks allways in 100% cpu and i can work at home because of this update  and cant downgrade it either I will open a ticket on amazon im done with tp mess

Options
2021-07-27 05:53:18

@darkyto  

Hi, I checked that your current firmware is 1.4.3,  and based on the information we have, there has been no solid proof that 1.4.3 firmware would cause internet speed or instability issues.

And for firmware 1.4.3, it is still able to downgrade back to the previous 1.4.1 firmware.

Currently, the latest firmware for Deco M4 is 1.5.0 which is released a few weeks ago, currently, there are some feedback about the speed after updating firmware 1.5.0;

And the following suggestions are confirmed useful:

1. Change a different Deco as the main Deco, such as https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

2. Turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco APP;

@marine_tugah  For the CPU issue on Deco M4, please refresh the web UI on the Deco M4.

There are many reasons for this issue, like multiple online clients, or online gaming and video streaming;

If the CPU load still was very high, please update here with the following information:

1. Would refresh reduce the CPU load?

2. How many online devices do you have?

3. Except for the high CPU load, Did you experience any internet issues, like slow speed, unstable connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-27 14:22:47
I do have 4 unites of deco in ap mode 3(m4) + 1(m3r) and i have in total 50 devices connects to network camera and iot devices. Cpu load is on 100% and network freezes is impossible do use im on home working and cant use teams without crashing because of this i have 1.5.0 version.
Options