AC1750 Archer C7 mobile printing issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-08 23:19:49
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

I recently had this router installed by my new internet provider. The tech did all of the setup. Using only the 2.4 GHz band, as I need that for surveillance camera on the network. The only problem I am having is with my Brother wireless printer. My iPhone and iPad are very on and off when I try to print from them. PC seems OK. I am hoping that it is just a router setting that I need to adjust. I have tried to trouble shoot myself, but no luck. The printer shows on the wireless list, but often it just won't print. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:AC1750 Archer C7 mobile printing issues
2020-12-09 02:25:47

@Tigerldi 

What is the model number of this Brother wireless printer? You may try to give it a static IP address on the printer settings, but ensure that IP is in the same IP subnet of the C7, such as 192.168.0.200.

When you try to print from the PC, will you be able to do it all the time?

When you try to print from the iPhone or iPad, can you see the printer? When you try to print, it will disappear? Can I have some screenshots about this? Or you may send us a short video showing this issue, which is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-09 16:17:46

@Kevin_Z Thanks for touching base. I have tried a bunch of things. Printer is a MFC-L2740DW.   

I did set a static IP on the printer. I read to try setting an address a little outside the range of the routers DHCP address range. I used 192.168.000.253. The network recognizes it OK. 

My old router was quite old, and I don't know if it was set up with static or dynamic. I don't know whether the new routers security differences may have something to do with it.   I never really had any problem printing from IPad or IPhone on that setup. 

I don't use the PC all the time, but I think it is OK. Il will double check. 

So, with my current problem, often, but not all the time, when the device asks to select a printer, and you try, sometimes it wont find the printer, sometimes it will. Something I have tried is toggling off my WiFi on the IPad for a few seconds, toggling back on, and most times then, it will find the printer and will print. 

I hope that this gives you something to go on. I can do screenshots or video if you need me to. 

Thank you. 

Options
2020-12-10 02:01:24

@Tigerldi 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 598

Replies: 3

Related Articles