Can I connect my Deco M9 Plus to my WiFi router via WiFi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-09 03:39:23 - last edited 2020-12-14 07:40:07

Hello. I am wondering if I can connect my Deco M9 Plus (x2) to my Wifi Router (Wavlink Quantum DAX) via Wifi.

I bought the Deco M9 Plus two pack a while back. I had the main one connected directly to my modem via ethernet cable and the second in a hallway that could reach both upstairs and downstairs bedrooms. 

I recently purchased a Wavlink Quantum DAX wifi router that I wanted to connect directly to the modem while moving the main deco closer to the upstairs bedrooms and move the 2nd Deco downstairs. My purpose was to take some load off the main Deco as I was starting to experience connectivity issues due to thermals in the Deco (pandemic at-home school and workloads for a large family).

I see that the newest firmware updates allow us to setup the Deco as an AP but I'd like to keep the parental controls since the Deco controls are a bit easier/flexible to setup/pause/unpause as compared to the Wavlink's. From what I understand running the Deco as an AP disables these controls.

Can I just connect the Deco to my Router via WiFi?

TIA.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can I connect my Deco M9 Plus to my WiFi router via WiFi?-Solution
2020-12-09 12:54:05 - last edited 2020-12-14 07:40:07
No, you can not. If you can, return your new WiFi router for refund and buy an additional pair of M9 Deco units to distribute the load in your household.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Can I connect my Deco M9 Plus to my WiFi router via WiFi?-Solution
2020-12-09 12:54:05 - last edited 2020-12-14 07:40:07
No, you can not. If you can, return your new WiFi router for refund and buy an additional pair of M9 Deco units to distribute the load in your household.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can I connect my Deco M9 Plus to my WiFi router via WiFi?
2020-12-09 14:48:20

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think that would help with the main Deco's thermals and dropped connectivity issues since all traffic would still be routed through it.

I guess I'll just have to play with the Wavlink's parental controls or the kids will just have to get used to the new restrictions. Ugh!!! It was a battle just getting them used to the parental controls in the first place!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 2

Related Articles