Archer C9 keeps getting stuck in reset loops - all LEDs flash at once

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 04:26:14
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: The most recent one

I bought an Archer C9 (Hardware version 3.0) and am having issues with it right off the bat.

Regardless of if it is connected to a modem or not, after several minutes of operation all of the LEDs will begin to flash in unison (seemingly stuck in a loop) and if I am connected to the internet it drops. The only fix is to turn the router off and then back on.

I upgraded the firmware to the most recent version and also made sure that the power source is direct from the wall, but I am still having issues.

Is there any fix to this or did I buy a dud?? 

Thanks.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C9 keeps getting stuck in reset loops - all LEDs flash at once
2020-12-10 19:04:48 - last edited 2020-12-10 19:37:35

@jcjc 

Hard reset (Method 1) the router and re-configure from scratch. Then check if that resolves the issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-10 19:12:19

@Ivaylo I tried that but it didn't seem to work at the time. However I found a different outlet behind my couch that was close enough to the modem (ethernet cable reached) to plug in the router, and I don't seem to be having this issue in this new location, at least so far today.

Thanks!

Options
2020-12-10 19:25:37
Probably outlet issue, you could check that. Glad to hear you've fixed it.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-10 21:08:59

@Ivaylo Looks like I spoke too soon. It definitely held out a lot longer today but I ended up having the same issue just now..

Options
2020-12-10 21:42:19 - last edited 2020-12-10 21:52:02

Original router's power adapter ? Overheating problems ? Observing router logs during the issue...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1103

Replies: 5

Related Articles