Network aways congested according to network optimisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network aways congested according to network optimisation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Network aways congested according to network optimisation
2021-11-11 22:25:57

@TP-Link Sorry but this just seems like a really poor design. Why even have that optimize screen in the app? Just have the hardware do it on its own.

My Nest mesh wifi never had these issues.

Options
2022-04-05 19:20:48

@TP-Link I'm having the same issue with mind as well congested wifi channel an I'm paying for a static ip through my network service

Options
2022-04-07 13:56:58

I've been having the same problem as others.  I'm losing the signal intermittently as well-looks like it cuts in and out.  I have firmware V 1.5.7 BuilId 20210819 Rel 43499

Is there a workaround for this?  At least until it gets fixed?

larry a wolfe
Options
[Recommended Solution]Network aways congested according to network optimisation -Solution
2022-04-08 11:11:55 - last edited 2022-07-21 02:44:36
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-05-19 21:08:29

I Have exactly the same issue and im confused. Im running 3 x m4 Ac 1200 mesh extenders and when I go to optimise the network it says it is congested every time.  Even after optimising it and it says it is in perfect condition each time so something is not right here. It seems as though it is giving false information evey time. 

I would love to know what is happening here. Can someone shed any light on this please

Ash1973 wrote

Network optimisation says WiFi congested . Went i run optimise says perfect . If I run the tool again says it is congested !   Am I right in thinking the channel is congested due to 35 devices connected , when I run optimisation is changes the channel , which is now congested because of my 35 devices are all on the same channel ? 

Was exited when I saw the feature as my ps4 both only get 30mg down and 3mg up despite having 500mb down and 40 up on speed tests through deco app ?

@Ash1973 

Options
2022-05-20 01:36:15

@Steve1012  I think there is nothing to do. This problem has 2 years and the engineers can not solve it, because these decos not have more channels to change. This is the most ridiculous system, even the most basic wifi can change channels to avoid interferences. The communication channels between decos are the same channels used for clients.  It is a Stupid design!

If you live in a house with far neighbors, fine but add to this all the interferences in a building.  The worst buy!!

Options
2022-05-27 16:42:37

@Ash1973 

I am currently experiencing the same problem with my Deco9 WifFi System. 

Options
2022-06-16 18:32:56

@Jhonny73 I think the problem is that "Optimize Network" doesn't actually seem to do anything. I have posted on here before about this issue when I upgraded from firmware 1.4.9.  When you run a Wifi analyser (as I have) I would expect the Deco to switch channel when you optimise the network. However, on my setup it stays fixed on channel 48 (5Ghz) and never moves.  All the TP-LINK engineers need to do is to allow users to manually override the channel in the UI to allow people to figure out a channel that works for them. I'm not sure why it's that difficult for them!

I have reverted back to firmware 1.4.9 as I find it's a lot more reliable.

Mike

Options
2022-07-20 19:28:53

@Ash1973 Hey, I have 3x X20 configuration  and the netwoerk is alays getting congeted, I need to opmize it manually. 

Options
2022-07-21 02:45:28

@AlexMostovoy 

Welcome to the community.

Could you please try to install the beta firmware on this link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/264506

Options