Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

Network is always congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

2021-05-14 06:38:06 - last edited 2024-01-18 09:14:59
Tags: #Official #Highlighted Thread #Network Optimization
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:
This Article Applies to: 
Deco with 1.5.x and higher firmware versions

Issue Description/Phenomenon:
Some customers may report that the Network Optimization feature on their Deco app always displays the network needs to be optimized even though the last optimization result was perfect minutes ago. 

Cause of the Problem:
Network optimization would help Deco scan the available Wi-Fi channels and select the most empty channel automatically. After the first optimization, all the Deco nodes and all the client devices connected to the Deco network will switch to the new channel.  While With all the Deco nodes and client devices attaching to this channel, it would be crowded again so the Deco app will show you the network needs to be optimized again.

Besides, whether the Wi-Fi channel is congested also depends on the network environment. For example, if you are streaming an HD video, or downloading a large file, the Wi-Fi channel will become more congested than the situation that there are no active devices in the network. 

Solution:
Normally Network optimization would not cause any network issue and there is no need to scan the network frequently. However, if the Wi-Fi channel is changed too frequently, it may cause an unstable issue on the client devices, some devices may disconnect from the network and reconnect. We work actively to optimize this feature and provide beta firmware for some models here on the community, you could install the beta firmware to monitor the performance:
Deco M4-20220714
Deco M5-20220701
Deco X25-V2-1.1.3 build 20220628
Deco X20-V2-1.1.3 build 20220628
Deco W3600-V2-1.1.3 build 20220628

Note:
1. Please check the device label to verify the country code and hardware version of your device first, and choose the correct file to download and install.
2. Be sure you have read the Terms and Conditions for TP-Link Beta Firmware before proceeding!

If your model is not getting a beta firmware, but you experience some issues like slow speed, internet stability, or some devices can no longer connect to the Deco network after the optimization proceeds, please feel free to comment below and be sure to provide the following information:
1. The model of the Deco device
2. The number of the Deco nodes
3. The number of connected client devices
4. Detailed issue description

-------------------------------------------------
Have other off-topic issues to report? 
Welcome to > Start a New Thread < and elaborate on the issue for assistance.
Options
58 Reply
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-06-06 15:55:55

@TP-Link 

On one of the networks I manage (eight M9 plus Decos), I can't find the "network optimization" feature in the "more" menu. What's the fix?

Keep in mind everything is updated and restarted etc. and this is not an issue I face when I switch to my other Deco network.

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-06-08 01:34:36

@Ahmad77 

Hi, can I have a picture of the 'More' menu without the network optimization?

Have you checked each of the Deco M9 plus is on the firmware 1.5.1?

--Since I noticed one of the Deco M9 Plus is still on firmware 1.2.11;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-09 12:03:21

@ TP-Link 

Khi máy tính tôi tải tệp lớn gần như các trang web khác không thể dùng mạng và tôi không thể truy cập vào game cứ bật game lên là bị mất kết nối

Options
2021-09-23 15:26:38

@Thuong 

I have tested this and every time it states it needs optimizing, so what's the point.

I have ALLOT of smart home devices they rely on stable Wi-Fi and cannot use this since there is small temporary disconnection, which takes some device long time to reconnect.

I have had zero issues with my TP-Link mesh networks until installing 2 X90s

1 = 3 M5s

2 = X20 and 2 M5s

3 = 3 X20s

4 = X60 and 2 X20s

5 = 3 X60s

6 = 2 X90s and 1 X60 (Current network & least stable!)

So far, after spending most amount of money and time I am the least happiest!

In short: Basically if you have allot of devices, the optimize option at this time is a complete waste of time!

Options
2021-09-24 02:04:55

@mdr1970 

Hi,

The reason why you kept checking the network optimization is that the IoT devices dropped the connection quite often, right?

May I know how many smart home devices do you have?

And the disconnection is mainly on the 2.4ghz, right?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-09-24 12:24:54

@TP-Link 

I setup a return for the 2 X90s I just bought after 2 days of pure hassle. I believe one of them (The Main) is faulty!

Not only were certain devices disappearing, from later on last night and throughout this morning the app was reporting that the other Deco X90 and existing Deco X60 had just joined the network !?!??!?!?!

WAY too glitchy and unreliable. A real shame for me because I enjoy upgrading my kit and having come from the M5's, X20's  and and now back to my 3 X60's which have ALL been 100% problem free and reliable, I expected more from the X90's.

I know sometimes there is the chance of a "Bad Apple" so to speak, but after 2 days of hell, at a time when we're mostly working from home, now is not the time to play with my network.

Shame because I'll be wary now the next time I think about upgrading, because like I say to my customers, the latest isn't always the greatest and sometimes another very true saying is, if it isn't broken, don't fix it!

For me it's never been about the need to do it, but if I can afford to & want to...I like to to do it,

Options
2021-10-29 13:46:12

@TP-Link 

interestingly enough I'm having almost the exact same issue with (3) X20's and (2) M5's in my network. My kids are constantly complaining about dropping network connection and speed when we should have plenty of coverage and speed (500 mbps). It never fails that when I open the deco app on my iphone, go to more, and then network optimization it says the network is too congested and needs to be optimized.This is with only 27 devices connected which include many smart switches, amazon fire sticks (2 only being in use at any given time), (2) nintendo switches, (3) ipads, (2) iphones. 

Options
2021-11-07 10:43:50

Congestion message after Network Optimization improved once I upgraded my M5 firmware from 1.5.3 to 1.5.7

Options
2021-11-08 09:27:45

@RalphsDad 

Great! And Thank you for sharing with us.

Options
2021-11-17 10:58:14

@TP-Link 

Hi,

1. X20

2. 3 nodes (mode AP and two of them are Ethernet connected with the modem). Firmware upgraded.

3. 8 connected clients

4. Frequent drops in performance. Using the Network optimization feature always significantly improve the situation (last time download from 40Mb/s to 250Mb/s) but the app still shows the status "to be optimized" immediately afterwards.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 29289

Replies: 59

Tags

Official Highlighted Thread
Network Optimization
Related Articles