[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app

[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-05-14 06:38:06 - last edited 2021-05-14 06:38:50
Model: Deco
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This Article Applies to: 

Deco with 1.5.x and higher firmware versions

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

Some customers may report that the Network Optimization feature on their Deco app always displays the network needs to be optimized even though the last optimization result was perfect minutes ago. This article aims to explain this issue. 

1. Network Optimization on the deco APP keeps saying the network needs to be optimized.

2. An optimization has been done and the Deco app says the network is perfect. When triggering the optimization again, the result is still “need to be optimized”

Background:

Triggering the Network Optimization feature, Deco will scan the available Wi-Fi channels and select the most empty channel automatically if it detects the current channel is congested. However, after that specific empty channel is selected, all the Deco nodes and all the client devices connected to the Deco network will switch to the new channel. With all the Deco nodes and client devices attaching to this channel, it will then be recognized as congested, and the Deco app will show you the network needs to be optimized again. 

Besides, whether the Wi-Fi channel is congested also depends on the network environment. For example, if you are streaming an HD video, or downloading a large file, the Wi-Fi channel will become more congested than the situation that there are no active devices in the network. 

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

If there is no usage problem such as the slow speed issue, there is no need to scan the network frequently, your network should be clear and good. Most importantly, if the Wi-Fi channel is changed too frequently, it may cause an unstable issue on the client devices, some devices may disconnect from the network and reconnect.

If unfortunately, you do encounter an abnormal situation which is caused by the Network Optimization feature, for example, some devices can no longer connect to the Deco network after the optimization proceeds, don't hesitate to contact our Technical Support via email, or leave your comments on this thread. In either case, be sure to provide the following information:

1. The model of the Deco device

2. The number of the Deco nodes

3. The number of connected client devices

4. Detailed issue description

Options
3 Reply
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-06-06 15:55:55

@TP-Link 

On one of the networks I manage (eight M9 plus Decos), I can't find the "network optimization" feature in the "more" menu. What's the fix?

Keep in mind everything is updated and restarted etc. and this is not an issue I face when I switch to my other Deco network.

Options
Re:[Solution] Network aways congested according to the Network Optimization on the Deco app
2021-06-08 01:34:36

@Ahmad77 

Hi, can I have a picture of the 'More' menu without the network optimization?

Have you checked each of the Deco M9 plus is on the firmware 1.5.1?

--Since I noticed one of the Deco M9 Plus is still on firmware 1.2.11;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-06-09 12:03:21

@ TP-Link 

Khi máy tính tôi tải tệp lớn gần như các trang web khác không thể dùng mạng và tôi không thể truy cập vào game cứ bật game lên là bị mất kết nối

Options