Multiple C320WS on same router - cannot connect to your net(work)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-05 05:51:11
Tags: #Multiple devices
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest at 05-05-2023

Hello,

I am trying to connect 3 C320WS on same router/net.

I have some other TAPO/TP-Link cameras on the router now, but setting up the second C320WS is not working.

I have tried both of the not yet connected C320WS, but neither of them are working.

My guess is, there could be some trouble on the router, connecting three alike cameras could trigger some duplicate errors,.

But two of the other cameras are C100 and this did not give any issues I know of.

I have had some different issues, and the latest is "Cannot connect to your network - please: 1 move closer to the router; 2 double check password; 3 Avoid WPA3" . something like this (it is in my language, so it might be something else in English).

I have a 10 devices account, so this should not be an issue.

Anyone with alike trouble - or even better: Anyon with a solution?

Thank you in advance

./ATapoUser

Options
1 Reply
Re:Multiple C320WS on same router - cannot connect to your net(work)
2023-05-06 07:31:31

@ATapoUser 

Hi,
If you fail to configure the Tapo camera, you can refer to the link below to troubleshoot.
What should I do if I fail to configure Tapo Camera?

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. Check the version of the Tapo app, and ensure the Tapo app is up to date.
2. Move the camera close to the router, ensure no special characters(such as &, #,*, etc.) in the password, and please help check the wireless security type, change the security type to WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK if possible.
3. Please disable the 5G Wi-Fi on your router, ensure your phone is connected to the router's 2.4G Wi-Fi, and no VPN program running on your phone when configuring the Tapo camera.
4. Please check if your router has special settings, such as MAC filtering, parental control, etc., disable them for a try if there are.
5. Connect the Tapo C320WS to another Wi-Fi network, such as the hotspot Wi-Fi from your phone, and check if it works.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Tags

Multiple devices
Related Articles