Deco broadcast channel selection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 19:02:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

Deco system purchased & installed today to replace TP-Link extenders.

All working fine. Listening to Sonos in kitchen. Microwave oven turned on. Sonos stops playing. Son's PS4 stops connection. Need to change the broadcast channel as I did previously with my Virgin Hub 3 router when previously working.  How do I do this please?. Can't find anywhere in the app to change this?. Can anyone advise?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco broadcast channel selection
2020-12-11 06:59:11

@Jackrabbitslim 

Hi,

Currently, Deco M4 does not support changing channels.

And just to confirm, what is the model number of your Microwave oven?

When you said Sonos stops playing and Son's PS4 stops connection, are they disconnected from Deco’s Wi-Fi or still connected but not working normally?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-11 09:27:25

@TP-Link the latter.a temporary disconnect of both whilst the microwave oven is on causing major issues - especially with my son.

So I've just spent £100 on a system to rid myself of the issue I've explained & I'm no better off as I can't change the broadcast channel of the wifi?

Surely the most basic of options to provide the end user to tinker with to find the most suitable channel to avoid interference?.

Unbelievable..

Options
2020-12-11 09:29:52

@TP-Link Sorry - it is a Neff microwave oven (don't know the model number), not sure what that's got to do with anything though?.

Do different microwave oven manufacturers produce different microwave signals?.

Buy a different microwave oven?. Is that what you're thinking??

Options