Deco M5, printer not able to connect through wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 08:34:17 - last edited 2021-08-31 07:44:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I am trying to connect my printer through WiFi. 

Before I installed the M5, it was no problem on my other router. 

I gave the new M5 network the same name and password as before. Printer wouldn't connect, even though all my other devices did without a problem.

When I tried to connect using the printer, I would find the network on the printer. Tell it to connect. Wouldn't. So I reset the printer to factory settings. Tried to connect. Wouldn't. Printer doesn't ask for a password, just tries to connect after selecting network and tells me it cannot connect. Finally I tried turning of the 5Ghz on the M5. Now it would connect. Great. Then some things happened and I had to rename my network. So I tried to setup the printer again. Factory settings. Turn of 5Ghz. No connection.. Same problem. It won't ask for the WiFi password. Just tries to connect and then says it is not able to connect.

Now I have connected it by cable. This works. But I prefer to have it connected by WiFi so I can move my printer.

Also, my job is to go to people's homes and solve their computer problems. It would look a bit silly if I advice mesh and cannot install their printer...

So what is the problem here?

Please advice.

TIA

Michiel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco M5, printer not able to connect through wifi-Solution
2021-08-30 08:43:12 - last edited 2021-08-31 07:44:46

@TP-Link 

HP pagewide pro MFP 477dw

I tried turning the 5g off on the gust network that is when it worked but on the main network didn't work.

There was no message, it shows that its in the processes of connecting that takes for ever then fails to connect. 

I turned all the antivirus and the other extra options off, then totally reset the printer to factory settings and was finally able to connect.  

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5, printer not able to connect through wifi
2020-12-14 07:33:23

@chieleman 

Hello, Sorry for the delay.

Could you please refer to the following suggestion to have a look:

1. disable the fast roaming and beam forming on the Deco APP;

--if still not helpful, please enable the 2.4ghz guest network and test if the printer could connect to the guest Wi-Fi or not;

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-14 20:51:39

@TP-Link Thank you for your reply. Would be handy information to include somewhere in your manual. I have had it happen to two printers now. So it is a structural issue.

So once you have connected the printer, can you turn everything back on without a problem? I did on one of the printers and it stayed connected. But can I expect that it will stay connected now, no matter what?

Best Regards,

Michiel 

Options
2021-08-28 20:35:48

@TP-Link  I am having the same problem with my Deco X60. I tried connecting after disabling the fast roaming and beamforming on the deco app, but it didn't connect. When I connected to the guest network it worked but I can get it to connect to the main network. Can you please advise. 

Options
2021-08-30 06:57:47

@SamA001 

Hi, May I know the model number of your printer?

Would turning off the 5ghz on the main network help or not?

And would there be any error message when failing to connect to the main network?

Options
Re:Deco M5, printer not able to connect through wifi-Solution
2021-08-30 08:43:12 - last edited 2021-08-31 07:44:46

@TP-Link 

HP pagewide pro MFP 477dw

I tried turning the 5g off on the gust network that is when it worked but on the main network didn't work.

There was no message, it shows that its in the processes of connecting that takes for ever then fails to connect. 

I turned all the antivirus and the other extra options off, then totally reset the printer to factory settings and was finally able to connect.  

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3412

Replies: 5

Related Articles