Tether app unable login to my device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 08:50:18
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I can successfully install the app and add my device into the "my device" list, the app show it is a cloud device . The problems is when in home "wifi" connection, the app can login to the device very well, but when connect out of home wifi, It can login my device few times, than cannot loading again 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Tether app unable login to my device
2020-12-15 07:01:53

@Javis 

Was there any error message when you failed to login the router via the Tether app? Ensure the internet is working fine on the phone, you need to confirm the Archer C6 is connected to the internet stably as well.

You can try to change the DNS server on the Archer C6 to Google's or Cloudflare's, such as 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then confirm.

Options
2020-12-15 08:33:05

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for your reply, the error message "Unable to connect to the device, please try again"  and sure the internet connection is very good. And in the app, I can see the device is "online". I will try your suggestion to change the DNS server and see if any better.. Thank you!

Options
2020-12-24 08:51:31
Thanks Kevin, the app still like the same, after i set 8.8.8.8 for the DNS server. After 5-6 days connection fail, I can connect again but only for 2 days, then fail again..
Options
2020-12-31 07:43:55

@Javis 

Apologies for the late reply.

Please check and confirm the Archer C6 firmware is the latest, you are running the latest Tether app on your phone when outside the home Wi-Fi. BTW, have you tested this on different phones, such as iPhone and Android?

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 956

Replies: 4