RE365 stops responding sometimes even as short as after 40 minutes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-11 10:12:36 - last edited 2021-06-28 07:53:01
Model: RE365  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Just purchased RE365 few days ago, installed it, upgraded the firmware to most recent version and at first sight, working perfectly. I utilize only 5Ghz band both to the router and to extended clients. I changed the name of the RE365's SSID so I am sure where I am connected to. I can get 120Mbps speeds when connected to the extender at locations where I did not get any signal of the main router at all.

However it happens regularly that the RE365 stops responding. Sometimes even after 40 minutes after power on. Sometimes it can work for 3-4 hours and then again, stops The internet connection is dropped. My main router logs it as "disconnected, extensive data loss". And it never reconnects again. I cannot access RE365's web page for configuration, it also stops responding to ping.

Sometimes the SSID is still being broadcast, but no device can connect to it. I tried with mobile phones and laptops of different brands. Sometimes the SSID is not broadcasted. At this weird stage the RE365 buttons do not work - pressing power or led just does nothing. The LEDs are lit, but one time it happened that all LEDs were off, as if the device was not getting any power.

Only a full power cycle - by taking the entire device out of the wall socket and plugging it in - helps. But only for sometime and then it happens again. Obviously it is not a solution.

I have done a factory reset and configured it again. Unfortunately it still stops working after some time.

I have seen some suggestions to use 2.4GHz link to the main router and 5GHz to extended clients (or vice versa). Actually I don't want to do this and still it seems only as some workaround. I wanted 5GHz extended network and this is still my target. If RE365 cannot do this for some reason, I will return the unit.

So the question is if my device is faulty, or this is normal for all RE365? Should I replace it under warranty?

Options
7 Reply
Re:RE365 stops responding sometimes even as short as after 40 minutes
2020-12-14 11:17:27

@romack 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

If you would like to spend more time, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for final check.

At the same time, we might need your help to check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your home router?

2. How long have you had the router and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-12-14 12:42:31 - last edited 2020-12-14 15:24:54

@TP-Link My home router is Mikrotik hAP ac2. It is brand new, purchased just a week ago, and it is in perfect operation. Few days earlier I had a Netgear WNDR3700 but replaced it with Mikrotik (I no longer have access to that old Netgear router).

All other devices are working perfectly fine with my Mikrotik on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. I have several smartphones, laptops and WiFi cameras, gaming consoles... everything works. The only issue is the RE365 which stops responding for no apparent reason, as described in my original post.

I observed the issue only with RE365 from the very beginning since I purchased it and installed the RE365 also around a week ago both with Mikrotik and older Netgear WNDR3700.

Options
2020-12-21 17:18:30 - last edited 2020-12-21 20:15:27

I checked the RE365 on 2.4GHz band together with 5GHz band in different combinations (2.4GHz as link to the router and 5GHz as extension and vice versa as well as both on at the same time). The RE365 still would stop responding after 4-5 hours of operation for no apparent reason. My all other wifi decvices linked to my router are operating without any single problem all the time.

Sorry to say but I am returning the unit. I will seek for some other solution to my weak wifi coverage, problably a PLC (powerline) access point in the distant room.

Options
2021-06-16 07:53:31

Hi,

Same thing happened to me, the RE365 worked fine for months and it's now the same situation. It is only configured for 2.4GHz with an Archer AX10 as main router. I have another RE365 in my house for 5GHz signal and there's no problem with it.

The faulty RE365 is completely frozen and the only thing to do is to unplug then plug it. When it hangs, I cannot access its webpage and the buttons have no action: the LEDs stay lit.

Each time, it works for few hours before the problem appears. Do you have an RMA program and should i request it?

Options
2021-06-17 07:14:30

@Djerald I am sorry to hear you got into this trouble. Luckily I was able to return my unit within 14 days after purchase with no questions asked, so I did not make RMA under warranty.

I got myself completely another solution (Powerline adapter with WiFi AP) and now - hearing this story from you - I would not buy the RE365 again.

Options
2021-06-25 09:47:09 - last edited 2021-06-28 07:53:01

@romack 

Seems i fixed it, i tried to use the 5GHz SSID source only from my router and now it works from days ago without issues. The 2.4GHz source was the problem.

Options
2021-06-26 12:29:33

@Djerald Well, I was working with single 5GHz only since the beginning and that's how I started having those troubles. Then I started checking with 2.4G (single) and combined 2.4/5GHz but nothing helped in my case. Hope it will work for you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 976

Replies: 7

Related Articles