TL-WN722N disconnects from computer on certain applications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-13 12:36:31
Model: TL-WN722N  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi! I've searched around for answers but I couldn't find any solution to my problem. I don't know if my device is still supported but I figured it's worth asking.

Ok so I got a TL-WN722N USB adapter and judging by it's FCC ID it is hardware V1. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64. The wifi adapter works without issue when working most tasks like internet browsing with Firefox. But if I open up Microsoft Edge something weird happens: the light on the usb adapter stops working, internet connection goes out immediately and in a few seconds the tray icon shows im disconnected and it can no longer find any wifi in range. If i open network connections in windows (ncpa.cpl) it shows the device as connected (same in Device Manager). The only way to restore functionality is to either physically disconnect and reconnect the device, disabling and re-enabling the adapter in ncpa.cpl or resetting the USB hub in Device Manager...

I have tried disabling selective suspend in power plan properties (both the wifi and usb entries) and in device manager advanced tab. I tried flushing all internet caches, switching to Google's public DNS and resetting all Windows network settings. It doesn't depend on which Wifi network I'm connected to or which version of the driver I'm using (of the 2 versions offered for my model).

The only thing I can say for certain is that it's linked either to the adapter itself or it's driver since using a different wifi adapter produces no problems. This bug occurs only on certain programs running and while I have no problem for it to happen with Microsoft Edge which I don't use, Blizzard's Battle.net and their games are something I definitely use but they also crash the connection.

I hope you can point me in the right direction to solve this problem. Thank you in advance laugh

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WN722N disconnects from computer on certain applications
2020-12-30 05:44:43

@DanteKG 

Please refer to this link to check the driver info of the WN722N on the Windows 10.

Try to install this driver and confirm if the issue persists:

https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/TL-WN722N_111121.zip

If possible, try this adapter on another computer and check if there is an issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 745

Replies: 1

Related Articles