Wireless Dual Band AC1300 USB Archer T4UH Drops connection when is far from the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireless Dual Band AC1300 USB Archer T4UH Drops connection when is far from the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-13 17:49:19
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello,
I purchased and installed the wireless card on 12/12/2020 and I immediately realized that while a short distance from the router it works correctly as soon as I move a few meters it is not possible to connect to the internet.
I tried to follow the diagnosis procedure from the contextual menu of the network connections, but even if it seems to solve the problem after less than a few seconds the web connection is interrupted.
I also followed the advice of the forum posts with no result.
I also tried to install the driver from the included CD but the problem persists.
The same happens if I install the latest driver from the device manager property.
An invitation to solve the problem. I add in order to facilitate the solution that my router is as follows: Gemtek WLTXSR-101-GN

my OS is Windows 10 latest build.
Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Dual Band AC1300 USB Archer T4UH Drops connection when is far from the router
2020-12-30 05:52:43

@ciuseppec 

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, then install the below one:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202006/20200601/00015960-RTLWlanU_WindowsDriver_1030.38.0712.2019_Drv_3.00.0032.L.zip

If this doesn't help, please help confirm some details, and we will try to work it out:
1. What is the distance between this Windows 10 and your Gemtek WLTXSR-101-GN router? Are there any walls or obstacles between?
2. Are you connecting to the 5GHz network? What if you connect this computer to the 2.4GHz?
3. Please try to adjust the wireless channel and channel width on the wireless router, such as channel 1/6/11 for 2.4ghz; channel 36/40/44 for 5ghz, this which may help to improve the wireless connectivity and range.
4. If possible, try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists.
5. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options