Wifi link speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi link speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wifi link speed
Wifi link speed
2020-12-14 09:27:01 - last edited 2020-12-14 09:32:30
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555)

Hi, 

I'm having an issue with transmit/receive link speed. 

I'm using Ax10 V1. Firmware ver. 1.1.0 Build 20200827 Rel. 40928(4555) as a router. My main Huawei ONT is being used in bridge mode. 

My internet speed supposed to be download/upload 500mpbs/40mpbs.

Speed test sometimes in Samsung and iPhone gives acceptable speed. And sometimes for Samsung the speed drops and network speed to 345

My main issue is Rog phone 3 updated to latest firmware version.

The max transmit/receive link speed is 286 no matter what's the channel is being used. Tried to change channels, channel width, wifi types. Most of this solutions gave me transmit speed of 192mpbs

When I test the speed, I only get between 90mpbs to 130mpbs. 

Contacted Asus support and sent them the log of the phone and seems there is no issues with the mobile. It's all about router configuration. 

Please let me know if I'm missing anything here.. 

Thank you in advance 

Yesterday, without any changes of any router settings, phone, location or anything. When I connected to wifi it connected and showed link speed or 5xxmbps and the Speed test was around 420mpbs. 

That's why I felt there is might be something wrong but I can't figure it out. 

While all this testes happening only rog phone 3 is connected and no other devices. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi link speed
2020-12-15 10:14:10 - last edited 2020-12-15 10:14:25

@Roffaa 

May I know is your Archer AX10 a US version or an EU version? You may confirm this by referring to the router device label.

Please ensure you are running the latest firmware on the Archer AX10, you may check on your router web GUI for firmware updates.

How about the link speed on the Rog phone 3? Is it connected to the 5GHz network? Try to modify the wireless settings on the AX10, such as 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, security to WPA2-PSK/AES; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 or 44, channel width as 80MHz, then reboot both the Rog phone 3 and the router to confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-16 18:49:19

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you for your assistance Kevin. 

My router EU ver. And I'm running latest firmware.

I followed the steps that you provided and unfortunately it didn't work for me. And also it reduced link speed on Samsung note. For iPhone it was fine. So I returned it back to normal.

One of the weird thing that I tried I turned on AP isolation and restarted the router and Rog phone and it gave me link speed 1200mbps for around 4 hours then without connecting any devices or anything the link speed reduced again to 286.

Not sure if its just by luck or there is something else.

Thank you again. 

Options
2020-12-18 03:01:43

@ZoOoOoM 

Thanks for getting back with valued info. May I know how many devices are connected to the AX10 network, wired and wirelessly? All the others are getting normal speed, only this Rog phone 3 gave you the issue? Have you tried to connect this Rog phone 3 to other Wi-Fi 6 networks, will it connect with the expected speed?

If it is not that troublesome, you may reset the AX10 to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch, confirm again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 3

Related Articles