RE220 not working after update also hard reset button not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE220 not working after update also hard reset button not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:RE220 not working after update also hard reset button not working
2021-01-10 16:16:44

@TP-Link 

Hello, I am facing the same issue after accepting a firmware update via the mobile app. The update ended successfully and it stopped working. Only power light is on, no wifi available and reset button does not work. Is there any way for us to reset firmware via the ethernet port?

Options
2021-01-11 06:56:59

@DrRevan 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your patience.

May I know the model number of your range extender; is it also RE220?

Have you tried to factory reset the RE to have a look?

As for the Ethernet firmware recovery, could you please help me check the following information:

1. connect the computer via cable to the extender;

2.check if the computer could get a correct IP address:

--if yes, please try to check whether you could log into the web interface of the extender;

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-02-18 00:40:34 - last edited 2021-02-18 00:42:42

@TP-Link 

I have the same problem.
I updated the RE220 V1.8 and it doesn't work anymore.
1. No power outage during the firmware update.
2. Hard reset does not work. Nothing happens.
3. Only the power button (green) is on.
4. I bought the RE220 on amazon (Nov2019)
5.  I updated the firmware, via Tether APP. and it got to 100%, when it rebooted it no longer worked.

please give me a working solution. A step by step.

Thank you.

Options
2021-02-24 08:15:04

@Andres_Ochoa 

Hi

If the hardware reset did not make any difference, I am afraid that the device was broken.

Please try to contact the local support to check whether this device is still under warranty;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-07 16:27:32

@TP-Link You obviously don't seem to know your own product very well.  I purchased the RE220 today, initial setup didn't work so tried to reset according to the 1 sec push of reset button as device is plugged in and turned on as per the manual, but alas nothing happened.

So, trying different methods, plugging the device in, but turning it off, pressing and holding the reset button and turning it on, whilst continually maintaining reset pressed until all lights light up, then releasing reset button reset the device for me.

You guys need to keep the manuals updated!!

Options
2021-12-19 20:18:03

@TP-Link Hii. Have the same issue with 2 of my c60's, the power button stopped working after tp link's faulty firmware upgrade. Didnt notice it until I turned off dhcp and wanted to reset it and now I cant even connect it to computer as it says IP adress not valid. Is there any way to fix this?

Options
Related Articles