Error message "Couldn't find deco, something went wrong with the cloud service"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-15 05:07:51
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I reset my owner password on tplinkcloud.com.  When I sign in with the new password to the Deco App on my phone, I get the message "Couldn't find deco, something went wrong with the cloud service, please try again".  The wifi network is working fine and all Deco X20 units show a green light and internet access is working.  Help.

Options
10 Reply
Re:Error message "Couldn't find deco, something went wrong with the cloud service"
2020-12-16 08:57:49

@Michael_Y 

Good day.

Are you still having this issue?

If yes, could you please power off the cable modem, then power it back to have a look?

And did you connect to the Wi-Fi of the Deco or log in over 3/4G network?

If possible, please try to log out and sign in again to have a look?

Thank you very much.

(please leave me a private message for notice in case I did not reply on time.)

Options
Re:Error message "Couldn't find deco, something went wrong with the cloud service"
2021-06-10 14:49:09

@TP-Link 

Having this problem, did all you said and still having the couldn't find deco message. Wifi works fine, all routers are green, lost control of the mesh network since i cannot access the deco app due to this

Options
2021-06-11 03:25:41

@Chidos 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

When I checked your TP-Link ID, I noticed that all the Deco units are online.

So could you please check whether you have logged into the correct TP-Link ID?

Or when you click this, is there another network available?

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-17 17:25:15 - last edited 2021-06-17 17:26:25

I have the same issue. So frustrating. Unit 2 doesn’t work and unit 1 works fine

can you help?

Options
2021-06-18 18:19:13

@TP-Link 

Hi

I struggled all morning with this same issue. I have the M5, connected to Alexa and use a whole bunch of Kasa smart devices. Also changed my password and started getting the message. Issue was finally solved after the main DECO was powered off and restarted.

Thanks

Options
2021-09-25 12:38:50

@TP-Link  Every once in a while I would get this error message and a month or more goes by then I have usage of my Deco app for about a month or more then the cycle would start again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Deco app. Still didn't work. I have powered off and resarted the Deco units and still does not work. My phone software version is Android 10. I'm getting tired of this cycle and not being able to control my children's access to wifi. Please help.

Options
2021-09-25 12:44:23
@TP-link By the way I can connect to the internet but just unable to use the app.
Options
2021-09-26 02:15:28

@CyKim 

Hi, Thank you for the feedback.

May I know the hardware and firmware version of your Deco unit?

Could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of the main Deco?

And what is your TP-Link email ID for the Deco APP?

If possible, please go to Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the left>help>Contact Us>suggestions and send us the APP log.

(PS: if anyone had the same issue on the Deco APP, please help me get the above information as well.)

Thanks a lot for your cooperation.

Options
2021-10-01 03:47:19

@TP-Link 

Hi, I sent the information on Sep. 28th following your instruction. Hope you got it. Looking forward to a resolution. 

Thank you.

Options
2021-10-04 03:59:20

@Michael_Y 

I have also the same issue and tried to uninstall and install again the app but still the same error message is showing.

Options