Can I create LAN to WAN connection from Deco mesh unit to my existing old router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can I create LAN to WAN connection from Deco mesh unit to my existing old router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 01:15:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Tp Link, I'm currently running with two router with Router 1 connecting directly to the modem while Router 2 is connected to Router 1 through LAN-to-WAN connection resulting in 4 different SSID, 2x 2.4ghz and 2x 5ghz. If I were to replace my whole network system with Deco M4 (3packs), after connecting Deco 1(Main hub) to the modem with Deco 2/3 (additional units) placed around my house. Is it possible for me to create LAN-to-WAN connection by using Deco 2/3's LAN port to my old router's WAN port? And if it is possible does that mean I could have 3x SSID with 1x SSID from the whole mesh network and 2x SSID from my old router (1x 2.4ghz & 1x 5ghz)?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I create LAN to WAN connection from Deco mesh unit to my existing old router?
2020-12-16 06:57:06

@Anthony9976 

Good day,

It is ok for the following connection:

1. ISP modem---Deco1 1(Main hub)   )))---WiFi/Ethernet backhaul—satellite Decos-(((--old router;

And you would have 3 SSIDs: 1 SSID for Deco’s mesh, 2x SSID from my old router (1x 2.4ghz & 1x 5ghz);

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 990

Replies: 1