Deco M9 plus unstable with latest firmware and very slow wifi on all devices?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-16 21:48:13 - last edited 2020-12-17 09:18:57
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Deco M9 Plus_V2_200921

Hi all,

After updating my Deco M9 plus to the latest firmware it's getting very unstable.

Deco is getting very hot (cannot hold my hand on the bottom) and Wifi is very slow on all devices connected to the M9 plus?

Wired connection is working fine no speed drops.

Attached the latest log file from the device.

Greetings Arjan

File:
log-2020-12-16.logDownload
Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus unstable with latest firmware and very slow wifi on all devices?
2020-12-18 00:51:46
Hello, I would suggest you to update software again using the web browser. Just need to pick up the right software.
Options
Re:Deco M9 plus unstable with latest firmware and very slow wifi on all devices?
2020-12-20 11:11:18

M9 plus is working together with 3 Deco M5 units after some testing the M9 plus is stable when it is not configured as main Deco?

If the M9 plus is configured as the main Deco it becomes unstable?

All Deco's have the latest firmware.

greetz Arjan

Options
2020-12-20 23:36:06

@avdstelt i had same issue, updated 3 x M5's to latest FW 1.5.1 and my internet on all devices came to a grinding halt.

rebooted everything didn't help, ended up redownloading FW using web interface and reinstalled it on all of them. made it a lot better. still not as good as they were prior to FW update but hopefully a fix will come out soon on next update

Options
2020-12-22 11:14:24

@avdstelt 

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. The unstable issue only happened when Deco M9 Plus was the main Deco, right?

2. Could you please provide us a diagram of How the Decos are connected and the distance in between?

3. Would all the mobile devices have unstable connection, or just the wireless devices near the M9?

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options
2020-12-22 11:40:33 - last edited 2020-12-22 11:41:07

@TP-Link Thanks for the reply :)

1. The unstable issue only happened when Deco M9 Plus was the main Deco for now the M5 on the second floor is the main Deco and without any issues.

2. The Decos are all wired (exept the one in the barn) connected behind my router and configured as AP.

Router -> switch -> M9, 3x M5 

M9 on first floor wired (living room).

M5 (main) on second floor wired (bedroom).

M5 on third floor wired (attic room).

M5 in the barn at the back of the garden not wired.

The distance in between is about 8 meter the one in the barn a bit more approx 10 meters from the M9.

3. All wireless connected to the M9 are unstable.

Hope it can help you :)

Greetings Arjan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1530

Replies: 5