Ax50 - System Parameters on AP Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-19 13:34:30
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I have had some previous troubles setting up my router behind a ISP modem, I tried it in LAN mode (on router instead of AP) for the functionality it brings, but that didn't work with my LAN so I got it back into AP mode now.

The Issue is that I can't toggle the USB Interference toggle in the 'System Parameters' tab because AP mode does not have access. But my file transfer speeds are really low and I'd like to see if the settibg helps.

So in short; Could you guys get something done so that toggling usb interference mode in 'System Parameters' is possible also in AP mode? Seems weird that it isn't possible, yet you can still use the usb functionality.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Ax50 - System Parameters on AP Mode
2020-12-19 19:23:00

@Laser50 

You can use this guide to configure AX50 in AP mode - Case 1 (using LAN ports of the main router and AX50 router).

In this scenario AX50 will be in router mode, thus USB interference toggle would be available for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-19 19:28:12

@Ivaylo 

Thank you for the guide, I have already followed these steps previously and already switched over to Router mode through LAN cable.

I am not that excited about the network transfer speed though, I recieved a 20MB/s maximum at all times through to an SSD. This is with and without the interference option toggled.

I suppose that concludes my hope for gaining faster speeds. And will have to try my luck buying a NAS I suppose.

Thanks any way!

Options
2020-12-19 21:11:22 - last edited 2020-12-19 21:12:13

If you need better speeds, definitely a NAS would be the reasonable choice.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-12-22 09:13:11

@Laser50 

Just to confirm, how did you transfer the files in the network? Wired device in the LAN to the SSD? Or LAN device to another LAN device?

Which USB interference option do you refer to? Can I have a screenshot? Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 12:42:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, given some issues and an unknown one which left my security camera dead, I switched back to AP mode, so unfortunately screenshots won't be possible.

I have the AX50 set up behind my ISP modem, the PCs I transfer from/to are cabled up using fresh Gigabit Cat 6 cables (re-did everything a while ago)

As for storage I used a HDD dock capable of doing USB 3.0 speeds, which I have tested by plugging it into my PC directly. Inside is a new 256 GB SSD straight from the box. Gives me roughly 5-6 times the speed this router will get me on file transfers. Lets say it is at least 100+ MB/s.

As for the option, going to advanced settings you can go to System Parameters, and then there is a toggle "Reduce usb 3.0 interference", with a warning it may reduce wifi speeds. Going into AP mode removes your ability to set or see said function.. Which is a bit weird but I can understand AP mode needing to be super easy.

With and without this option I am maxed out at 20 MB/s. Which makes for a painfully long waiting time. No other settings seem to have had any result.

I know the SSD+Dock work, I have since posting this taken the HDD dock up and plugged it into my Server directly, allowing full gigabit transfer speeds.

In all honesty, it may have been my expectations that have ruined the 'NAS Capability' of this router, I really like how simple it was to set up. But at 20MB/s the speed is much slower than even a 6 hear old harddrive would be capable of. Making transferring any large files to just be annoying and very slow.

Oh and additionally, this was all set up without using the WAN port at the time. Router was in router mode with its LAN added to the network so I can reach both. Not sure if that would affect anything but may be useful to know any way.

If you have any more questions, or do need that screenshot just let me know and I'll do my best to come back with whatever you need.

Options
2020-12-23 09:39:46

@Laser50 

Hi, thanks for all the detailed info. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 898

Replies: 6

Related Articles