Archer C6 losing internet connection several times a day and Update Regarding

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-19 22:34:05 - last edited 2020-12-20 00:23:09
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555) Archer C6 v2.0

Hello @everyone @Ivaylo @Kevin_Z  @ivy @GSI @Alx @sky  @Ada 

Archer C6 EU V2 (Firmware 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591) this is stable or is not stable when I get stable please tell me  I have so many issues with this version  1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

Archer C6 v2.0 , I'm facing problem in this version lost connection issues with 2.4 ghz and 5ghz working fine , internet connection statics IP  please help me 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺.

Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer C6 losing internet connection several times a day and Update Regarding
2020-12-21 03:01:52

@Tarun_Kumar 

Hello, it is suggested to update your firmware to the latest version, we will try to help you resolve it if you do encounter an issue with this version, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C6 losing internet connection several times a day and Update Regarding
2020-12-21 11:36:03

@Tarun_Kumar Do let me know if the upgrade resolves your issues. I am having the same issue as well, but I am afraid that the next update might introduce additional bugs.

Options
2020-12-21 12:35:14

@Sanjit_  

No 

I am still facing the problem even after updating.

Options
2020-12-21 12:36:03

@Kevin_Z 

I am still facing the problem even after updating.

Options
2020-12-21 13:12:06

@Tarun_Kumar That sucks. I just got the router yesterday, it had amazing reviews and suited my purpose. Sadly, no one mentioned crappy firmware support :/.

I live in a big house, so around 3-5 out of 8 devices connect on the 2.4 GHz band. This will cause a lot of headaches in the future.  For now I have disabled smart connect and NAT boosting, manually set channels and width. I am hoping that it will serve as a temporary fix. Hope tp-link comes out with a stable firmware update soon.

Options
2020-12-22 01:59:40

@Tarun_Kumar 

So what is the exact issue that you are experiencing with the C6 router? Please provide more details then we can continue to help and resolve it, thanks.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 02:02:02

@Sanjit_ 

Hi, so is the 2.4G connection stable once you did those changes on the C6?

Options
2020-12-22 11:22:46

@Kevin_Z It has only been a day since I made those changes. But yes, I haven't faced any problems with the 2.4 GHz band till now. I will let you know if the situation changes.

Options
2020-12-23 11:41:50

@Kevin_Z Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. This issue occurred twice in the last 12 hours. The 2.4 GHz connection stopped working suddenly. I couldn't even load the router page on the 2.4 ghz connection. The light on the router remains solid green, but new devices cannot connect to the 2.4 GHz connection once it stops working. I either have to switch to 5GHz band, or reboot the router to continue working.

It seems to be a fairly common issue with no way out. I've tried every suggestion on the forum regarding this issue. The only two solutions I've come across that are guaranteed to work are downgrading the firmware to v1.2 or flashing OpenWRT(which are risky solutions and will void warranty, so I haven't tried them).

I have an Archer C6 EU v2.0 router. My firmware version is : 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555). Before you ask, I am reluctant to upgrade the firmware to 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591 mainly because a few people in this forum have complained that this update is unstable. Are there any new updates scheduled for release in the near future to fix this issue ? If not, I will return this product while there is still time.

Options
2020-12-24 01:18:12

@Sanjit_ 

Sorry to hear that. I will send you a beta firmware via PM, please check and confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1745

Replies: 14

Related Articles