iPhones inconsistency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

iPhones inconsistency

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
iPhones inconsistency
iPhones inconsistency
2020-12-20 09:27:25
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest 74476

We have 3 p9s running via access mode to a HUAWEI 4G router. The master p9 is connected via Ethernet cable. We then have two slaves in different rooms.    Most devices including sky, sonos and laptops work ok. We only connect one laptop to a slave p9 via an Ethernet cable, which also works ok.

We have turned beam forming and fast roaming off to try and resolve our issue with the iPhones.

Neither of our iPhones connect properly. One iPhone 12 and one iPhone 8.  Running diagnostics using the Deco app from the iPhone suggests everything is fine.  After rebooting p9s and/or turning WiFi off and on they can work ok for a small period of time.

What can I do to make this work as designed please?  It's worse than before we bought the p9s for the iPhones.

Options
15 Reply
Re:iPhones inconsistency
2020-12-21 09:35:48

@DoesThisWork 

Hi,

Could you please help me check the following details:

1. Did this issue happen to all Apple devices or just these two iPhones?

2. would turning off the private address on the iPhones make any difference, such as https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227?

3. If possible, please try to enable a guest network for 2.4ghz only and connect the iPhones to the guest network, then check if the issue still existed;

4.When you said ’iPhones could not connect properly’, do you mean sometimes they are connected but no internet or they would completely disconnect from the Wi-Fi?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-21 10:59:26

@TP-Link hello.  I have set up a 2.4 guest network and set the privacy settings on my iPhone as suggested.   This doesn't seem to help.  Sometimes the apps load great. Sometimes they load slowly.  Sometimes they don't load at all and I click on the deco app and it says I am disconnected.   Further advice very welcome.

Options
2020-12-22 02:21:02

@DoesThisWork 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

In this way, please have a check of your message box and there is another firmware provided.

Please update to that firmware first and feel free to update here with further improvement.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-22 07:40:53

@TP-Link already up to date

Options
2020-12-23 01:20:31

@DoesThisWork 

Hi, thank you very much for your reply.

The firmware provided is newer than this one 1.1.2 Build 20201027  and fix some unstable issue on the Deco P9

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-23 07:44:38

@TP-Link how do I get the latest version when deco tells me I already have the latest version please? I am not sure if you have sent it to me somehow, but I don't have any messages. Thanks 

Options
2020-12-24 08:14:26

@TP-Link please help us!!   The deco system simply doesn't seem to work for the iPhones.  We have to use 4G in the house.    It's very frustrating.   How do I get a new firmware upgrade when the app tells me we have the latest firmware?   Thank you.

Options
2020-12-24 11:34:20

@TP-Link can you please send me the latest P9 firmware you mentioned in this thread i.e. the one newer than 1.1.2 Build 20201027. I have been having similar connectivity issues for almost 6 months now, specifically connectivity issues with apple devices (Iphones & Ipads), most evident when Facetime calls always disconnects after about 7 minutes. I've tried tinkering with all settings to no avail, and even downgraded to the previous firmware 1.1.0 Build 20200513 with no success. Thanks,

Options
2020-12-24 12:08:33

@TP-Link   The latest seems to be this, which has a different name to published date.     

If you can't help, can you advise on the process to refund the goods please?

Options
2020-12-25 02:09:47

@himura5555 

Hi,

I have sent you the firmware via private message and please have a look.

(As for how to check the private message, please click your own profile phone and choose message.)

@DoesThisWork     And since you could not get the message, I have sent you an email and could you please have a final check?

Options