Votes

MAC address filtering in Deco

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

MAC address filtering in Deco

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Whitelist MAC filtering, please!. Please vote on the main thread.
34 Reply
Re:MAC address filtering in Deco
2024-07-12 17:29:33

Well, I landed here because I was trying to figure out how to set up mac filtering (allow) because my kids' devices keep changing their MAC. This makes parental controls worthless (and I am paying for it). Sad to see it is not an option. I must admit I switched from NetGear and ASUS because TP-Link products are solid; that is, I never have any issues with wifi. They just plain work. However, the lack of this feature rendering parental controls ineffective forces me to look at other products that do support MAC whiltelisting (cringe).

Options
2024-07-14 13:03:29

The Deco X53-DSL does not appear to support MAC address whitelisting.

I find that unacceptable.

The blacklisting mode is useless, as I do not know the MAC addresses of potential attackers.

Options
2024-07-23 12:20:53

Seriously, after 4 years. Still no white list..shame on you. Im switching to other brands.

Options
2024-07-24 08:50:07 - last edited 2024-07-24 08:50:51

@KubanDude please consider a white list because is very important feature for safety!

Options