Upload speed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upload speed.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upload speed.
Upload speed.
2020-12-21 05:18:57 - last edited 2020-12-21 05:36:48
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

I can't utilize my upload speed. When I'm connected with the router the maximum speed I get while uploading a file to a cloud service(GDrive/OneDrive) is 75-85 Mbps. Both via LAN and Wi-Fi.

However, when I connect directly to the ONU the upload speed is 215 Mbps. My plan is 200 Mbps.

Is there any fix or should I return this useless device?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Upload speed.
2020-12-21 07:34:53

@Tanmoy 

Do you mean only the upload speed is slow when you connect to the C6 router, is the download speed normal? May I know the below details then we will try to help you out?

1. Who is your ISP and what is the model number of your modem? What kind of connection type on the Archer C6, Dynamic, or PPPoE?

2. What is the download/upload speed you can get when you connect a computer directly to the ISP modem?

3. Do you enable any QoS setting on the Archer C6? Kindly disable it and show me the QoS setting page on your router.

4. Try to do a MAC clone on the C6 router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/ (Case 1)

5. If none of the above helps, try to change the DNS server on the C6 Internet/WAN page to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1, then reboot the C6 to confirm again.

Options
2020-12-21 11:18:24

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin,

Yes, the upload speed is slow when I am connected to Archer C6 router. The download speed is normal.

Here are the details mentioned below as requested:

1. My ISP is Excitel. I do not have a modem. I have an ONU device provided by my ISP. The connection type is PPPoE.
  2. Above 200 Mbps both download and upload. https://www.speedtest.net/result/10625488255
  3. I did not enable any QoS setting.
  4. MAC clone did not work. Now the upload speed is 27-28 Mbps.
  5. Changing DNS changed the upload speed back to 75-86 Mbps.
Options
2020-12-22 00:51:27

@Tanmoy 

I see. Are there any advanced or special settings on the C6 router for the LAN devices? If possible, reset the C6 to factory defaults by holding the reset button on the back panel until all LEDs flash off then on, reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

The tech team was made aware of your issue. They will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2020-12-22 03:46:32

@Kevin_Z 

Reset was the first thing I did.

Thank you for your support!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 4

Related Articles