Archer C6 IPTV lag/freeze

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-21 21:32:02
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

IPTV works fine until I start to download something, sound and video becomes laggy/constantly freezing and imposible to watch.

IPTV set as bridge on port4. What are my options to fix this ? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 IPTV lag/freeze
2020-12-22 03:27:45

@BRTK. 

Are you downloading large files on another computer, which is connected to the C6 network? How much network bandwidth you paid for your ISP? What is the actual download and upload speed you can get when you connect a computer to the ISP modem directly? How about that when connect to the C6, wired and wirelessly? You may check it as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2899/

Try to enable the QoS settings on the C6 based on the bandwidth provided by your ISP, put the IPTV in high priority:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

You may also try to enable the IGMP Snooping and Proxy on the C6.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-22 10:32:49

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for a reply. 

Ok, I'll try to explain my whole situation....

ISP plan is 300mbps. 

To begin with, I am using archer c6 as my secondary router. 

I live in a house and router provided by my ISP is located in one of the storage rooms together with all other communication cables in a metal storage box. Due to poor wifi coverage and no possibilities to move ISP router because of LAN ports going to every room in the house I came up with the solution to get another router (archer c6) and set it up in my living room behind my TV. 

So I used my lan cable that goes from my ISP router to the living room and connected it to wlan port of archer c6. Archer's lan port4 is connected to my TV box (Arris). 

Archer c6 is in router mode, IGM snooping OFF, IGM proxy ON, IPTV set on LAN4 as bridge mode. QoS is OFF as it says that it cannot be activated at the same time with IPTV. 

Internet speeds on lan 300mbps as ISP provide. 5Ghz same 300mbps, 2.4Ghz max out at 100mbps. 

I have no problems with internet connection, coverage, etc. Everything is as expected, however things go bad once someone in the house start to download something.

It does not matter at what speeds, whether it is 2.4 or 5 Ghz. I have tried to reduce download speed to 50mbps and still no effect. My TV just become a frame moving photo book. Everything comes back to normal when downloads are not active. Browsing, watching YT, conf calls does not affect IPTV operation. 

I am no expert by any means so it might be that I am missing something, just not sure where to start to fix it. 

P.S By using router from ISP only I have no problems at all, it is even possible to utilize full speed for downloads and TV won't lag at all. 

Options
2020-12-23 10:00:11

@BRTK. 

Thank you very much for all the details. We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1089

Replies: 3

Related Articles