Archer T2U Nano connection and drop-out issues! URGENT!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-22 15:11:47
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am using Windows 10 Pro.

I have recently purhcased the Archer T2U Nano AC600 after seeing good reviews.

Within a couple of days, the WiFi kept disconnecting and the WiFi would disable and then turn back on again and reconnect. I have the latest driver version: 1030.29.329.2019, which I have installed from the website.

Within Device Manager I have set the Power Management option off: Allow the comptuer to turn off this device to save power. I have also disabled any USB device to be powered off in Power Options in the control panel.

This USB used to be able to connect via 5GHz band but now only connects to WiFi networks using 2.4GHz. This gives me poor internet speeds, whereas 5GHz gave me much improved high speeds. If I change the Wireless Mode in the properties in device manager to 802.11ac, which was the best wireless mode for me previously gave me the best speeds. Now I have to leave it on Auto which is 802.11n which gives me worse speeds and only 2.4GHz, no way of switching it to 5GHz, even though 802.11n can support 5GHz. I have also moved the wifi adapter to other USB ports and problem still persists. It says: Cannot connect to the network. Can someone please help me, I've also tried to install the drivers from the disc provided and there was no luck. I have also reset my network properties and it does not do anything. Please help me, with this. It would be much appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T2U Nano connection and drop-out issues! URGENT!
2020-12-30 08:05:42

@LKB 

What is the model number of your wireless adapter? Have you tried to change the 5G wireless settings on it, such as changing wireless channel to 36/40/44/48, channel width to 40MHz, then reconnect to the Wi-Fi to confirm?

BTW, what is the distance between the computer and the router? How about the signal strength?

Please show us the system info about your Windows 10, thanks:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2070

Replies: 1