AX10 v1, Latest firmware keeps rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-22 19:01:25 - last edited 2020-12-22 19:02:59
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20201203 Rel. 36965(4555)

Just bought this router. Set it up really quickly. Generally works well. It's connected to BT FTTP ONT. Speeds are great. Much better than BT Smart Hub 2.

But, it keeps rebooting randomly. I have turned off wifi6, as I have no Wifi 6 devices.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shrey

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX10 v1, Latest firmware keeps rebooting
2020-12-23 00:49:36 - last edited 2020-12-23 01:05:28

@smni 

Can you please describe the detailed symptom of the rebooting? How about the LEDs status? Are they all turning off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?

Is this AX10 connected to the BT modem directly and working as the main router? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.

Do you upgrade the router firmware on your own, or it is the latest firmware when you bought it? Try to set the Wi-Fi Transmit Power to middle or low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the issue.

You can also try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

Options
2020-12-23 08:52:49

@Kevin_Z All the lights go off then come as if I just switched the router on.

I've already reset it and back to factory once already for that reason. Only settings I have changed are some port forwards and DNS entries and Dynamic DNS to TP Link.

Thanks for your help.

Shrey

Options
2020-12-23 10:03:35

@smni 

Thank you for getting back. Have you tried to set the Wi-Fi Transmit Power to middle or low (if the setting is currently set to high), and see if this helps with the issue?

BTW, to locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-12-23 10:16:47

@Kevin_Z Currently set to high. I will try it on Medium and get back to you. What are the effects of changing the transmit power?

Thanks

Options
2020-12-23 10:43:36

@smni 

Generally, the Transmit Power determines the range or coverage that the router can cover, but that will not make a big difference when it is on High or Middle, you may change it to Middle, then monitor first. If it does affect any usage, you can then change it back to High.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 730

Replies: 5