DNS Error then "Your not connected to the internet"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-23 13:38:30
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hey, 

A while ago I bought a TP-Link RE450 AC1750 WiFi range extender (v3 model) and it worked perfectly. I used it to connect about 8 devices and it had no issues. However, recently I switched broadband provider to Sky (from TalkTalk) and I now only connect my pc to the Range extender (via an Ethernet cable) but not long after this switch I have been experiencing issues as when I try to load a webpage I get a DNS error then shortly after it tells me that im not connected to the internet (this happenes randomly as sometimes it can happen after 30 minutes whereas sometimes it can take 2 hours). My internet is still working perfectly as other people in my household don't experience any issues. It's just the devices connected to the range extender which lose connection. 

Factory resetting the Range Extender did not solve my issue and I have a strong 5ghz connection to my Router.

I have looked around on the internet and while I have seen people with issues I have not found a solution.

Here are some screenshots which might help:

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Options
2 Reply
Re:DNS Error then "Your not connected to the internet"
2020-12-29 11:17:05

@Novalised 

Good day,

May I know the model number of your home router?

When you got the error’ “You’re not connected to the internet", what did you do to recover the connection, rebooting the RE, or it would come back automatically?

What is the IP address and gateway when the error showed up?

If possible, could you please save the system log on the RE450 when this issue started?

By the way, did you only set up the 5ghz to link with the home router?

And how long have you had the device?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:DNS Error then "Your not connected to the internet"
2020-12-29 15:02:11

@TP-Link 

I am currently using the NOW TV HUB 2 (Model NR801). This is the router which I got directly from my broadband provider.
To fix the issue I simply just have to turn then wifi repeater off and then back on again.

I originally set up the wifi repeater on my older network (Talktalk) and it worked perfectly fine however when i first encountered this issue, I factory reset the extender in hope that it would fix it. 

As I still have my talktalk network, when I switch to it I don't have this issue. Also the problem only occurs whenever the wifi extender is connected to the 5ghz band on my NOWTV HUB 2 (not the 2.4ghz).

I have tried changing the 5ghz channel on my Hub Two from 80MHz ch.36 to 40MHz ch.44 however I am still having the same issue.

Also I recently found out that when the problem happens, the VoIP platform which I use (Discord) continues to work fine as long as I am in a voice call (even when my browser says I have no internet connection).

My PC was also reset to factory defaults a few days ago and I re-installed my network drivers so my PC can't be the issue.

As far as the logs go, when it cut out, there was no error which came up on the re450. It stopped working at around 2.50pm but as you can see in the screenshot below, there are only logs from when the repeater was first switched on.

Options