Archer C7 V5 - Downgrade Firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-26 02:26:45 - last edited 2020-12-26 02:39:53
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 201120

Hi guys,
I recently update the firmware of my Archer C7 v5 to version build 201120, but I am having some problems with this version, and I need to downgrade to the factory firmware version or some oldest version than the build 201120. I try to download some old version from the TP-Link official firmware database, but when I try to install it on my router returns the message "Invalid File Type.". How can I downgrade the firmware version? I can't stay on this firmware version because I am having some problems with this.

Regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C7 V5 - Downgrade Firmware
2020-12-28 08:14:01

@RandomxUsername 

May I know what is the issue you experienced with the latest firmware? Maybe we can try to fix it. As you can see from the firmware release note that you are unable to downgrade to the previous firmware version after updating this firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-28 13:42:36

@Kevin_Z  Thank you for reply, Kevin. I experienced some instabilities with my wi-fi signal after update. I would like downgrade firmware to see if that's solve my problem... Haven't any method to do the downgrade? In Portuguese Tp-Link Firmware Website version ( https://www.tp-link.com/br/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware ) doesn't have this release note warning about this upgrade. Doesn't make any sense turn upgrade irreversible, because can occur instabilities after upgrade.

Options
2020-12-29 03:48:28

@RandomxUsername 

What I know is that some newer firmware has big updates or important changes, it will not be allowed to be downgraded to the previous versions due to the risk of damage to the device.

As for the instabilities with the new firmware, please confirm the below details, and we will try to check if there is an issue:
1. Are both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless connection unstable? Is the Wi-Fi LED on the router is lit up when you lose the connection? How did you recover the connection?
2. You can login to the web UI and change some wireless settings to give it a go.
Note: For the 2.4GHz wireless channel, 1/6/11 is recommended, and for channel width you can use 20MHz; For the 5Ghz channel, you can try 36/40/44/48, channel width you can use 40MHz, then reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless to confirm.
3. Have you tried to reset then reconfigure the C7? Give it a go.
4. How many devices are connected to the C7 in total, wired, and wirelessly? Are they get disconnected at the same time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2511

Replies: 3

Related Articles