One device connected but not loading anything

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-27 09:24:46
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

We installed a few months ago the deco M4, and since then I have issues with loading anything that needs internet. My phone (Redmi note 8 pro) is the only device which has that problem all other devices work perfect. 

My phone shows me a full wifi icon so I know i have a good connection, but when I open something that needs wifi, nothing would load: Instagram wouldn't let me show anything, Google doesn't let me search anything and much more. 

This happens more then half of the time. I have 10 minutes of great wifi, but then half an hour of nothing. 

Is there something I can do about that? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:One device connected but not loading anything
2020-12-28 11:30:34

@Kiamoto 

Good day, Sorry for the delay.

For your case, please refer to the following suggestions:

1.reboot the smartphone first;

2.change the DNS on the Deco to be 8.8.8.8;(please go to more>advanced>ipv4>internet connection type>DNS)

3.turn off the Mesh technology of the smart phone, fast roaming/ beam forming on the APP to see if that made any difference;

4.then create a guest Wi-Fi for 2.4ghz only and connect the Redmi note 8 pro to test if the issue still existed;

By the way, what is the operating system on the Redmi note, android 10?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:One device connected but not loading anything
2020-12-29 09:50:05

@TP-Link 

Thanks for the help! 

I will try those tips whenever I can, and my phone runs android 10.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 375

Replies: 2

Related Articles