Deco M5 Ethernet Backhaul doesnt work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-29 18:25:36 - last edited 2020-12-30 00:49:23
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all;

I just got the used juniper switch from a friend and install it to use as the main switch of my home network the network model as below. After installing the Juniper switch, the ethernet backhaul doesn't work anymore. So look forward to any help from you guys. I configured  my Deco as the AP. The ethernet backhaul still work when i used the tplink switch.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Ethernet Backhaul doesnt work
2020-12-30 02:26:46

@Catmanrt 

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

For your case, we would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

By the way, even though the Ethernet backhaul Is not working anymore, all three Decos still have internet access, right?

And both of the satellite Decos failed to use the Ethernet backhaul, right?

If the Juniper switch is replaced by the TP-Link unmanaged switch again, the Ethernet backhaul would take effect immediately, right

Thank a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-30 02:34:00
Hi, Tks for your feedback, and yes, all of M5s are now working perfectly but no ethernet backhaul. Before the juniper i used the unmanaged TPLink as the main switch and it works. Best
Options
2021-03-18 17:39:18
If the switch has loop protection then (temporarily) disable it The deco sometimes won't switch to wired because this would (temporarily) create a loop
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1040

Replies: 3

Related Articles