DHCP assigning new IP for fixed IP devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-30 09:10:42
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 201209

Hi.

I recently got a RE450 V3 extender for my wifi IP cctv cameras.  All went well for a short while until my cameras lost signal.  All blue lights were on RE450, and the router was showing as connected and devices connected directly to the router worked.  I then noticed when this happened a few times that if I tried to connect my laptop to the RE450 when my cameras go out that I get the Unable to Obtain IP address either on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz but never both.  I have read many have had the "Unable to Obtain IP address" issue, so with some reading, it seems I needed to fix the RE450 Ip address and set up its DHCP server to match my router.  This seemed to have solved my issue until as in this thread's title a new problem showed, the RE450 was assigning different IP addresses to my cameras and ignoring the router's reserved IP address for these devices.  My sid for router has the same name for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz, the RE450 has the post naming 2.4ghz and 5ghz so I can connect to RE450 tp link set up.  The tether mobile app don't have the DHCP settings.

Thanks,

Dan

Options
1 Reply
Re: DHCP assigning new IP for fixed IP devices
2021-01-06 05:53:19

@Rectro30 

Hi,

Except the IP address reservation issue, did you get stable connection from the RE450 now, or it would still drop out sometimes?

By the way, what is the model number of the home router?

Due to the proxy mode of RE450, it would change the original MAC address of the device and generate a new MAC address.

Would there be any online devices list or DHCP list on the home router to see what the virtual MAC address it is so that we could add the virtual address directly?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options