Slow speeds using WiFi 6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speeds using WiFi 6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Slow speeds using WiFi 6
Slow speeds using WiFi 6
2020-12-30 11:04:36 - last edited 2021-04-09 07:30:51
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've bought a TP-Link Archer ax3000E wireless adapter for my PC for the sole purpose to use my Oculus Quest 2 since it should reduce latency and is better fit for that headset.

But when i tried to turn on a wifi hotspot i got the message "No internet connection" on my wifi 6 enabled devices.

Recently i've tried to connect again and i had an internet connection but the link speed was stuck at 286mbps instead of 1200mbps.

I've downloaded the latest drivers, tried every setting and i am just lost at this point.

If it helps for the first week WiFi6 was working with no issue to speak of but after that first week it stopped working and now it's working but with slow speeds.

The distance shouldn't be the problem since i am not 1m away from the adapter and there are no obstacles 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow speeds using WiFi 6
2021-01-22 08:55:45 - last edited 2021-04-09 07:30:51

@PolarC0R3 

Does it mean you installed this TX3000E on a Windows 10 computer, and share the internet to the Oculus Quest 2? This adapter is mainly designed to work as a signal receiver, but not to be a wireless hotspot, so we cannot permit you can connect at the maximum 1200mbps.

Anyway, you can try to relocate the main board of this Windows 10 PC, ensure there is no obstacles eating up the signal by following this:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/709/

BTW, here is the latest public driver for the TX3000E, you can try to reinstall it manually and see if there is a difference:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30112/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

Here is a guide to install the adapter manually: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/920/.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Slow speeds using WiFi 6
2021-04-09 07:30:41

@Kevin_Z Thank you for replying, sorry for the late response, i was maybe expecting an email to arrive if someone replied but i didn't.

As i stated before, there are no obstacles of any sort, except the air of course. I've downloaded the latest drivers and everything with no luck.

I'm still hardcore stuck at 286mbps. 

I also forgot to mention that the first day i tried using the adapter for my Quest 2 i did reach the advertised speeds. At least before a reboot of my computer. I had an internet connection with the speed of 1200mbps.

I do not know what is causing this issue. Even using WiFi 5 now on that device i still have the issue that when i connect a device to it, it first gets stuck at the speed of 192mbps but  the fix for that is just to reconnect with the same device and i get the speed of 866mbps. but with WiFi 6 i didn't have that luck. 

I did also try a windows 10 fresh install with no luck either. Still the same issue. If it helps i am using a (.bat) file before running my hotspot. It runs the following commands:

netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes interface="Wi-Fi"
netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=no interface="Wi-Fi"

I only use these to make my connection stable since without it i get awful stutters in my games. I also tried running it without the script but the results were the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1132

Replies: 2

Related Articles