reconfiguring Powerline WPA8630P for use with new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-31 11:58:29
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ? how do you find this ?

(UK) BT just set up a new Smart Hub 2 router which of course has a different ID to the one that was working well enough with my adapter/extender pairing. Speed in the upstairs back bedroom where the main PC is, has dropped dramatically - down to 0.6Mb/s download. |Downstairs near the router my laptop is getting 62 Mb/s.)  All  is properly paired, all lights on the extender box are showing green and steady (except the ethernet one, which is as it should be) . I believe the upstairs PC should be seeing the SSID of the extender in its wirelss signals list, and that you would then enter the label password for this. But it is not there.  The only wireless signal in the list that says TP-Link is callec "TP-Link_2CA0" (and an EXT-2 variant on this) which does not correspond to anything on my kit labels, and may be owned by a neighbour. Any suggestions ? Judging by the labels, I should be seeing TP-LINK_ 66A5 or 66A5_5G. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:reconfiguring Powerline WPA8630P for use with new router
2021-01-01 18:37:33

@Brin 

Hey Brin

It sounds as if the PC in the back room is connected to the new BT router and not the extender, way to check this would be pull the extender and see if it still gets the really slow speed you are reporting, i believe this will be the case

The best option for you would to to reset the extender and re-sync it with the new router using the WiFi Clone button.   However it might just be easier connecting to the device directly via IP address or http://tplinkplc.net  and set the wifi manually to match the new router.

Also make sure that your new router isnt the same IP address as the extender..   if memory serves me correctly however this should be set for AutoDHCP

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 363

Replies: 1

Related Articles