Internet Drops when something is Casted from Phone to Sony Bravia TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-02 18:19:14
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

been having this issue since the the system is setup.

Phone and TV both connected to the Internet

TV using Ethernet cable and Phone on 5Ghz.

When I cast something from Youtube/Netflix app from phone to the TV, Deco light goes red and internet cuts off for few mins.

what could be causing this?

anyone had similar issue before?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Internet Drops when something is Casted from Phone to Sony Bravia TV
2021-01-02 20:35:39 - last edited 2021-01-02 20:40:19

@StarLordGroot 

I have Sony Bravia TV from XBR series, Android 9 smartphone.

TV is wired. Smartphone runs on 5GHz.

Deco node is M9 (which is different from yours).

Deco mesh runs in Access Point mode.

I can cast smartphone screen, Photos app, YouTube, Netflix just fine. M9 LED does not go red and internet stays on.

I haven't casted YouTube and Netflix before, so tested that before replying. When I enable casting in YouTube on smartphone, YouTube app pops on TV and takes over. Same for Netflix: Netflix app on TV takes over and continue streaming what I started on smartphone.

Which brings me to question: why stream Netflix and YouTube to Sony Bravia? That TV brand has its own Netflix and YouTube apps. I always use them from TV itself. Just curious.

PS. When you try casting smarpthone screen or Photos app on Sony TV, do you have the same issue?

Options
2021-01-02 22:54:48
cant try casting the Phone screen at the moment. Its easier to search and cast from phone than to search for video on a TV app.
Options
2021-01-04 03:41:26

@StarLordGroot 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Are you able to constantly reproduce the same issue?

2. May I know the model number of the smart TV and the model number as well as the operating system of the smartphone?

3. Is the TV connected to the main Deco, or one of the satellite Deco, and how about the smartphone, is it connected to the same Deco as well?

--if possible, could you please help me draw a picture about how these 3 Decos are connected, like Ethernet backhaul or wireless backhaul?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-10 01:18:57

@TP-Link 

was finally able to get some testing done, here are the results

1. Are you able to constantly reproduce the same issue?

- Yes

2. May I know the model number of the smart TV and the model number as well as the operating system of the smartphone?

- Sony BRAVIA KD55XH8196BU - Phone has iOS 14 and today I also tried Samsung S10+ with Android 10, same issue.

3. Is the TV connected to the main Deco, or one of the satellite Deco, and how about the smartphone, is it connected to the same Deco as well?

TV connected to TP-Link LS1005G Gigabit Ethernet Switch which is connected to the main Deco. Smartphone is connected to the same network using 5Ghz WiFi

--if possible, could you please help me draw a picture about how these 3 Decos are connected, like Ethernet backhaul or wireless backhaul?

Virgin Media Router (in Modem mode) - > Main Deco - > Network Switch - > TV, PC and CCTV Cameras (Deco two and three are in different rooms)

new things I noticed today.

When casting to TV (netflix, youtube or Prime), only the Ethernet connection drops. WiFi works without issues.

Connecting the TV straight into the Deco has same issue so Switch is definitely not causing any issues.

Options
2021-01-11 11:07:42

@StarLordGroot 

Thanks a lot for your detailed information.

We would like to follow up on your case by email.

Please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-01-11 12:38:09

@TP-Link 

I have similar but working environment, so here are details of it. Perhaps, that can help TP-Link engineers figure where the difference is.

TV: Sony Bravia XBR49X830C

Smartphone: Android 9

Deco: M9 Plus

M9 Plus firmware: 1.4.3

Deco mesh: runs in Access Point mode

TV is wired to Main Deco

Android smartphone is connected to Main Deco

I tested that I can seamlessly cast the following from smartphone to TV: Netflix, YouTube, Photos app, smartphone screen.

Options