tp-link ac1750 extender re450 no internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 13:02:53
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: Don't Know

Trying to be as calm as possible I would like some help please.

Having gone through the setup with the tp-link ac1750 extender re450 I get no internet access on my phone or laptop no matter where I am in the house or if I use a wireless connection or ethernet cable.
The passwords I enter for the 2 bands (2.4 and 5) are the ones used on the router (sky er115). I have reset the tp link more times than I can count now (40+) with no change.
Having learnt about mac filtering there is none on the sky router from what I can see and the settings in the tether app look fine aswell.

All the lights turn on and I can connect devices to the tp-link but I never get internet access despite my router working fine as I have been using it on the other device to trouleshoot this issue.

Hopefully someone has an idea on what is going on and can help.
Note- I have split the bands and that didn't make a difference. I have run out of options.

Options
1 Reply
Re:tp-link ac1750 extender re450 no internet access
2021-01-08 06:00:37

@Danny-Hatcher 

Hi, please refer to the following instruction:

1. make sure the RE450 v3 is on the latest firmware;

2. log into the RE450 and go to settings>network to manually configure the DHCP settings;

keep the IP address within the IP address pool of SKY ER115 and default gateway is the LAN IP address of the SKY router;

such as the case 3 on the following link: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/198516 

---if still no difference, please leave me a private message and I would forward your case to the senior engineers for further help.

Thanks and wait for your reply.

Options