Archer C6 v2 negotiation speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 13:16:03
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: newest

Hi, 

my Archer C6 keeps on changing Negotiation speed Duplex to 10mbps, I tried every solution posted on this forums by 'Kevin Z'; changed manually to 100mbps, nothing happens. I have good cable, 5e; when connected to my PC directly I have 30mbs (yes this is what speed I have provided, and I cannot reach it with C6...)

There are several other threads on this, and noone was realy helped and issue remains unresolved. 

Plese help.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C6 v2 negotiation speed issue
2021-01-08 05:38:04

@Marcin997 

Hi, just to confirm, where did you see this 10mbps or 30mbps? Kindly show us the screenshots, as we assume they belong to two different types, one is the negotiation speed and the other could be the total bandwidth you paid for your ISP. While we can try to figure it out.

If the LAN negotiation between the C6 and your computer always switch to 10mbps, it is strongly suggested changing another cat5e or cat6 cable. 

It is also suggested changing another wired device with gigabit Ethernet ports to do a test. 

Options
2021-01-08 08:04:43

@Kevin_Z 

10mbps: 

30mbps is what I pay for (no way of getting more where I live)

I bought new 5e cable yesterday, did not help. And when I plug the cable to my pc directly I have the 30 Mpbs, so the C6 is the issue

Options
2021-01-08 09:23:46

@Marcin997 

Thanks for getting back so quickly. May I have the model number of your ISP modem, which is connected to the C6 internet port?

BTW, we have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options