Archer Ax6000 5G couldn't authenticate connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-07 21:48:39
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just installed this two days ago,  I've been noticing that the 5G drops after a day and requires a router reboot, (owned it 2 days and had to reboot twice already). According to the forums this seems to have been a problem for some time now.  Has there been a fix action that resolves this problem?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer Ax6000 5G couldn't authenticate connection
2021-01-08 06:17:01

@Jeff69 

Hi, please ensure you are running the latest firmware on the AX6000, if not, update the firmware then confirm:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax6000/#Firmware

If the issue persists, please confirm if only the 5G drops, both wired and 2.4G are still working? What if you try to disable then enable the 5G network on its web interface, will it help?

Try to modify the 5G wireless settings on the AX6000, such as changing the wireless channel to 36/44; change the channel width to 40MHz, then confirm.

Just to confirm, what are the devices connected to the 5G network? Are they all experiencing the same issue at the same time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-08 12:06:37

Kevin_Z wrote

@Jeff69 

Hi, please ensure you are running the latest firmware on the AX6000, if not, update the firmware then confirm:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-ax6000/#Firmware

If the issue persists, please confirm if only the 5G drops, both wired and 2.4G are still working? What if you try to disable then enable the 5G network on its web interface, will it help?

Try to modify the 5G wireless settings on the AX6000, such as changing the wireless channel to 36/44; change the channel width to 40MHz, then confirm.

Just to confirm, what are the devices connected to the 5G network? Are they all experiencing the same issue at the same time?

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin;

The latest firmware is running.

2.4Ghz works fine, Just the 5G has the problems.

I've noticed that my smart tv has the 5G connection ok. I can't connect using my laptop or my galaxy S20 or my daughters IPhone.

Should I still change the channel width?

Options
2021-01-11 02:10:20

@Jeff69 

Yes, please, try to change the 5G wireless channel to 36/44, change the channel width to 40MHz, then confirm.

BTW, please check how many signal bars on the laptop/galaxy S20/iPhone when they got disconnect. Are there any other extenders in the network?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-24 22:19:02

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, 

I have the same problem, cannot authenticate wireless devices on 2.5 and 5 Ghz. No matter what channel / channel width is. 

LAN is working. No WiFi for me. Newest firmware. Yesterday everything was ok. 

Options
2021-01-25 02:02:04

@Lukaz 

Are you able to see the 2.4G and 5G signal on those devices? If yes, what is the error message you got when you try to connect to it?

If none of the devices can connect to it, please change the 2.4G and 5G SSID, which is the wireless network name to a different and new one, change the 2.4G channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES; change the 5G channel to 36/40/44/48, channel width to 40MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES as well, then reboot the AX600 and reconnect to confirm.

Options
2021-01-25 13:08:30

@Kevin_Z 

Are you able to see the 2.4G and 5G signal on those devices? If yes, what is the error message you got when you try to connect to it?

• I can see the SSIDs on network, after connecting on Qindows 10 i can see "can't connect to network" and on Addroid "Password is wrong, try again", although password is ok and I have still problem with connecting to not secured (no password) wifi.

If none of the devices can connect to it, please change the 2.4G and 5G SSID, which is the wireless network name to a different and new one, change the 2.4G channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES; change the 5G channel to 36/40/44/48, channel width to 40MHz, security to WPA2-PSK, AES as well, then reboot the AX600 and reconnect to confirm.

• SSID changed, no results either with new name or old. Changed to many vcariations, tried default one also.
  • Tested:
    • 2,4 GHz (All variations):
      • Chanel Width: 20Mhz
      • Channels 1/6/11
      • WPA2-PSK + AES
      • WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK + AES
      • WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK + TKIP/AES
    • 5 GHz (All variations):
      • Chanel Width: 40Mhz
      • Channels 36/40/44/48
      • WPA2-PSK + AES
      • WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK + AES
      • WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK + TKIP/AES
  • Rebooted after each change of settings.
  • Tested on three different Windows 10 devices
  • Tested on 5 different Android devices
  • Tested on LG TV WebOS
  • Tested on Onkyo Amplituner
  • Tested on PS4 and XBOX

No positive results - I am out of ideas.

Options
2021-01-26 00:53:50

@Lukaz 

My android phone, (S20), My smart TV, 3 Rokus all work.

My wife's iphone 8 gets messages about not being secure, When I changed the security settings my wife's phone connects without security messages but 2 of the Roku devices will not connect. I tried using a TP link Wifi extender also but still no luck. I'm stumped. I need an IT expert to evaluate my situation

Options
2021-01-26 01:19:23

@Lukaz 

Thanks for getting back with valued details. Please login to the web GUI of the AX6000 again, go to System Tools>>Factory Defaultd, then hit Factory Defaults to restore the settings, then leave it by default, check again if the devices can connect to the default wireless network.

If this still doesn't help, I assume there might be something wrong with the wireless chipset, you may contact the reseller or the local tech support to request a replacement if it is still in warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2021-01-26 01:27:21

@Jeff69 

Hello, the messages about not being secure on the iPhone 8 you mentioned is that iOS14 and some new operating systems consider other than the latest WPA3 and WPA2 AES to have security issues. It is suggested to modify and change the wireless security on the Archer AX6000 to WPA2-PSK, AES and your network will be encrypted with better security.

Below is the guide you can refer to:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2943/

However, as per your description, it seems that the Roku devices cannot connect to this WPA2-PSK/AES secured network, I'm afraid you need to either change the 2.4G security back to Auto, or leave the Roku not connected.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 917

Replies: 9

Related Articles