T3U and 5ghz tethering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

T3U and 5ghz tethering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
T3U and 5ghz tethering
T3U and 5ghz tethering
2021-01-08 15:41:14
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Having spent hours in online chat with technical help. Resulting in the following after trying a recommended driver...."So it means that the problem only occur when you connect to your mobile hotspot but works when you did try on other router, as mentioned earlier the adapter is not recommended to connect to a mobile hotspot as its not designed for it because its not guaranteed."

Before I return the adapter to the shop can any tell me why it won't connect to my Samsung Note 10+ 5ghz hotspot.

it works fine on the 2.4ghz hotspot. 

I'm running Windows 10

Options
1 Reply
Re:T3U and 5ghz tethering
2021-01-22 07:07:23

@Hobnobs2 

Does it see the 5G signal of the Samsung Note 10+ 5ghz hotspot or not? If it cannot even see that network, I'm afraid it works on a different channel with that on the phone hotspot, as far as I know, there is no way to change the channel on the phone hotspot, so they may not be compatible.

While if you can see the 5G signal but cannot connect to it, you may show us the error message when you try to connect to it, whether it shows an incorrect password or any other message, if it shows an incorrect password error, try to change the wireless password on the phone hotspot, reboot the phone and the computer to confirm.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 1

Related Articles