how to use the same configuration in 2 houses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 17:55:46
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hello

I have 3 deco m5 in my main residence and this is configured with parental controls, devices etc. 

I would like to have a similar setup in my summer residence however do not wish to maintain 2 networks with the same settings - it is not practical.

If I buy 3 more units and connect them to my same deco network, and then take them to another location will it work? How will the main deco get the internet from my second residence? Any other tips?

Options
2 Reply
Re:how to use the same configuration in 2 houses
2021-05-11 07:20:04

@argon18 

Hi,

There would be multiple Deco networks under the same TP-Link ID account and you could create a new network on the summer residence ;

So you don't need to set up the two kits under the same location and it would not work if you took part of the network somewhere else either;

Options
Re:how to use the same configuration in 2 houses
2021-09-19 20:00:35

@TP-Link 

Can I have 2 sets (3 units each) which are setup on different networks to share the same settings such as devices set for users parenting, time limits etc?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 815

Replies: 2