DecoX60- Something went wrong with the Cloud service

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-08 23:30:03
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: version 2.4.13

Model AX3000 Deco X60 WiFi 6 - (not available in the options above under Model -To enable this post to go through, I randomly selected the model and version.)

Installed it on 1/5/21 after updating firmware.

Have been experiencing WiFi dropping in my new Deco X60 installed two days ago. The Deco app tells me "Something went wrong with the Cloud service". After seeing this issue elsewhere in this forum, I tried restarting multiple times, it didn't help. Then I reset the base unit it did not rectify the fault. Then tried resetting base plus two satellite units it didnt help either.

I swapped the units -made one of the satellite unit as Base after resetting. This step allowed the base unit to work and one of the satellite unit to work.

It appears the original Base unit, which is now a satellite that gave the problem is not connecting to the Base unit. I reset this (now) satellite unit and it changes between yellow solid and red solid.

Does it mean this unit is malfunctioning? or what would TP-link recommend doing to address the issue.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:DecoX60- Something went wrong with the Cloud service
2021-01-13 07:55:21

@UShankar 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Is the previous base unit still changing between yellow solid and red solid?

--if yes, could you please refer to this link to do a firmware recovery:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2958/

Would It be possible for you to record a video clip about this issue and send to me?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1040

Replies: 1