Loses WAN & wireless connection on wake from sleep

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-20 02:33:53
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8968

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 0.6.0.1.1 V0005.0 bld 12016 rev 48690

ISP : Talktalk

Hi, yesterday (GMT) I received and installed my new TD-W8968 from Amazon and seemed to work a dream.. until today. The router connects to my desktop PC via a wired LAN connection but uses the wireless for laptop, TV, smartphone etc.
Today I notice that when my PC wakes from sleep the LAN connection is lost. None of the LAN lights are on. And also there is no wi-fi connection either and even though WLAN light is on there is no signal at laptop.
Setup is pretty much out of the box though I did reset channel to avoid conflicts locally. This is set to 7. The PC LAN adapter is enabled and ready but no apparent connection to router.
I changed the router LAN port and that seemed to work but after I had the problem again this change did not work. I changed the LAN cable and that seemed to work until next sleep! Then fail again!!!

Is there anything on LAN adapter or router that needs changing? Am I on the latest firmware and would an upgrade fix this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Loses WAN & wireless connection on wake from sleep
2013-02-20 13:50:28
If you do not connect your PC, Just connect your laptop to the W8968, and let your laptop wake from sleep, will the same problem happen ?
Options
Re:Loses WAN & wireless connection on wake from sleep
2013-02-20 22:14:02
Since my post I looked at the on-board LAN adapter and it's settings and checked "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and also checked "Allow this device to wake the computer" + "Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer". So far it seems fine with no lost connections on sleep. The adapter is a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (on board). I also downloaded and installed the latest driver for this.
I don't understand the settings mentioned above or why they seem to have the effect they do. Also on sleep (and shutdown) the Router LAN light stays on (though flickers occasionally!).
Any enlightenment would be useful!
Thanks for your reply.:)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1579

Replies: 2