Archer A6 displaying that it is connected to the internet but still not providing internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A6 displaying that it is connected to the internet but still not providing internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 05:22:34
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7

My wi-fi router Archer A6, shows on the login page that it is connected to the internet. But while trying to access the internet from either the wired or wireless connection. It fails to connect. 

It is connected to a modem via an ethernet cable. 

I have contacted TP-link support but they couldn't solve my problem. 

After a month of contacting via email i have gained nothing.  

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A6 displaying that it is connected to the internet but still not providing internet access
2021-01-13 03:04:22

@TreFgh 

Hi, may I know who is your ISP? Do you have internet access when you connect a computer directly to the modem?

Kindly show us the Status page on the A6 when it is connected to the modem and displaying 'it is connected to the internet', if there is a WAN IP address, please try to change the DNS server on the C6 internet to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the C6 then confirm.

If there is no WAN IP address on the A6, please check this guide to do some basic troubleshooting:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Options
Re:Archer A6 displaying that it is connected to the internet but still not providing internet access
2021-01-13 03:44:38

@Kevin_Z 

My isp is alliance broadband. Yes, i get internet access when connected directly to the modem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 2

Related Articles