How to set Port Forwarding in a Deco M4R working in A/P mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-10 10:09:31
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918

I have some devices (IP cams) that use protocol ONVIF on port 8999 to connect to a NVR.
They use a proprietary protocol on port 80 to connect to their own app too.
Now... when they are connected using Ethernet or another wi-fi extender, the NVR receives the images, but when they are connected through the Deco M4R (A/P mode), the NVR cannot reach the cams.
In both the cases, port 80 is enabled and the app can connect.

It's clearly a problem of port forwarding. It seems port 8999 is blocked by the Deco M4R.

I searched on the forum and I see that port forwarding settings should be in the Advanced Menu of the deco, but it's not there.
All I have is Fast Roaming, Beanforming, Led Control, Operating mode, Alarms and Notifications.
The firmware is the 20200918 (1.4.3)

Any help?
Thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:How to set Port Forwarding in a Deco M4R working in A/P mode?
2021-01-11 09:19:53 - last edited 2021-01-11 09:25:07

@MLancia 

Hi,

Deco M4 did not act as a NAT server on the AP mode so that it would not block any port and did not support port forwarding either;

And just want to confirm, if M4 is plugged, everything is fine, right?

If only leaving the main Deco M4 connected to the ISP router, would the issue still exist?

And just one more question, did you control the cameras on the NVR in the local LAN or over internet/ from WAN side?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-01-11 09:57:26

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your reply.
M4 is always physically connected to an ISP router, using a 1Gb Ethernet cable.
The NVR is connected to the same LAN, 1Gb Eth cable too.

- If I connect the camera to the LAN using a physical connection (1Gb Eth cable, although the camera's port is 100Mb/sec), the NVR can see the camera (and so the app on the iphone)
- If I connect the camera to the LAN using the wi-fi signal provided by the Deco M4, the NVR cannot see the camera (but I still see the images from the app on the iphone)

No DHCP, only static IP addresses, in both the cases.

I have many cameras, and all of them have the same behavior. NVR can see them as long as they are physically connected to the LAN. No way to reach them if they use the M4 WiFi connection, instead.

As a test, I tried to physically connect a camera to the second port of the Deco. Same problem: the camera is not reachable when it goes through the Deco M4.

As a further test, today I connected a different wifi access point to the network and I connected the camera to that different wifi signal. It worked perfectly and the NVR could see the camera.

But... I would like to continue to use the Deco Wifi :-(

Please, help me.
Thanks

Options
2021-01-11 10:03:30
To answer directly to your questions: - M4 is always plugged and connected to the LAN (and to the ISP router). And, camera's issue apart, it works fine. - I tried to physically connect together only the ISP router, the NVR and the Deco M4, while connecting the camera via-wifi. The issue persists. - I monitor the cameras from the NVR using the same network, same subnet, same SSID... Thank you
Options
2021-01-13 11:40:46

@MLancia 

Hi, thank you very much for your detailed information.

We would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further help and please have a check of your email box later.

By the way, what are the model numbers of your cameras as well as the NVR?

Would it be possible to send me a picture of the network map of the whole internet system?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1198

Replies: 4

Related Articles