WPA7510 Kit - very intermittment performance - keeps dropping & large variance on wi-fi speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WPA7510 Kit - very intermittment performance - keeps dropping & large variance on wi-fi speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-11 21:28:57
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.2.4

Hi there,

In need of some help - 6 months old now.......was OK to start with but very tempramental.

Have fast broadband in house and garden office probably 25 yards from house, full electric mains all done a few years ago as part of extension.

When I first plugged in during the summer the wifi extender was really fast for a day or two, but then never used to get above maybe 10 Mbs on 2.4Ghz and 13Mbs on 5.0Ghz.

Occiaionally will get up to 20Mbs on 5.0Ghz, but over the last few weeks the extender has been getting a red light - and both bands not getting more than a few Mbs.

Have reset a few times - and now have it installed in kitchen - literally 12 yards from router, red light gone off, there is another powerline of faster AC1000 with NAS attached.

Speed still varies massively between sometimes 6Mbs to maximum of 20Mbs - would expect more on 5.0Ghz - when native 5.0Ghz channels gives 60-70Mbs.

Have reset - turned power saver off on main unit - but its frustraing as almost un-usable now in office.

Appreciate signal will degrade with distance but why oh why on first day plugged in was it doing almost 50Mbs on wifi in office :-(

Very frustrated and would welcome advice if any available - want to really love this kit but streuggling.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roland

Options
1 Reply
Re:WPA7510 Kit - very intermittment performance - keeps dropping & large variance on wi-fi speeds
2021-01-11 23:14:34

@rolandbarnes981 

I had a weird qwerk on my homeplugs (different model) that every 6months they would just show the red light and stop

I found leaving these unplugged overnight sorted the issue for a while.  Read online this was due to static on the powerline and a few hours switched off sorted, thought this was unlikely but seemed to work for me.

Options