Issues with Archer T9UH (EU) - Drop in Bandwidth every couple of seconds & possible driver problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Issues with Archer T9UH (EU) - Drop in Bandwidth every couple of seconds & possible driver problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 08:28:20 - last edited 2021-01-12 08:33:09
Model: Archer T9UH  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello all,

I've got frequent problems with my Archer USB dongle.

Problem1:

When connected, there is a sort of timeout every couple of seconds. See an example of a data transfer between my NAS attached directly to the router (AVM Fritz Box 7590). The same happens over internet, leading e.g. to problems in MS Teams calls (hearing 4 words, missing one...). The device is connected to the router via 5Ghz with WPA2.

Additional details:

ac/Wi-Fi 5, 80 MHz, WPA2, 3 x 3, 11k, 11v

Currently channel 100, but I got the same issue also on other channels. There is not too many other networks around.

Problem 2:

Every now and then, the Dongle stops working. In this case, windows 10 just shows the offline simbol. No chance of looking for wifis etc. The only thing helping is restarting the device or, in some cases, unplugging and plugging back with uninstalling the device in the system's device manager. Yesterday, i managed to see an error in the device manager telling me there was a problem with the driver. I've got the newest driver offered by the update programs:

Could you possibly help with any of the problems? Thanks!

Regards,

Matteo

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issues with Archer T9UH (EU) - Drop in Bandwidth every couple of seconds & possible driver problems
2021-01-22 07:30:09

@MatteoOs 

It seems this AVM Fritz Box 7590 is a mesh router, is it possible to disable the Mesh feature on it to monitor if there is any difference?

Kindly help verify what is the system version of the Windows 10 as this: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 432

Replies: 1

Related Articles