QOS not working, is it normal?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-12 17:05:10 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:41:46
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

Hello guys ive recently bought an archer c80 and when i used the qos setting it doesnt seem to detect it or work?, ive put 80% of my total bandwidth from speedtest but it seems to go past the bandwidth i inputted plus the priority setting also doesnt work, when i downloaded a file it gives lag to everyone even if it was a prioritized device

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: QOS not working, is it normal? -Solution
2021-01-21 09:42:31 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:41:46

@N1XZ 

Thanks for the configuration screenshot.

I can explain this: as per the settings on the C80, there is no device in the high priority, which results in the upload/download bandwidth setting actually doesn't take effect, that's why you can still get the full speed.

You need to choose at least one device in the high priority, leave others' priority off, let's call the device with high priority device A. Device A will always get unlimited speed with high priority, all the others will be limited by this 15 Mbps upload and 17 Mbps download, they cannot get more than this.

Please note that the current QoS setting on the C80 will not give you the option to limit the bandwidth of every device in the network, while we already have the plan to add the bandwidth control feature on it, you need to wait patiently for that.

I hope this make sense. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re: QOS not working, is it normal?
2021-01-21 07:45:36

@N1XZ 

Hi, may I know which QoS setting do you have on your C80 as per the below configuration guide? And I would like to know how did you configure it, what would you like to achieve by that:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

Options
2021-01-21 08:04:57

@Kevin_Z 

My qos is like this, although i put in 15 and 17 for up and down speeds it always goes off to 30+. I also tried the high priority option but i dont seem to notice any difference

Options
Re: QOS not working, is it normal? -Solution
2021-01-21 09:42:31 - last edited 2021-01-21 10:41:46

@N1XZ 

Thanks for the configuration screenshot.

I can explain this: as per the settings on the C80, there is no device in the high priority, which results in the upload/download bandwidth setting actually doesn't take effect, that's why you can still get the full speed.

You need to choose at least one device in the high priority, leave others' priority off, let's call the device with high priority device A. Device A will always get unlimited speed with high priority, all the others will be limited by this 15 Mbps upload and 17 Mbps download, they cannot get more than this.

Please note that the current QoS setting on the C80 will not give you the option to limit the bandwidth of every device in the network, while we already have the plan to add the bandwidth control feature on it, you need to wait patiently for that.

I hope this make sense. Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-01-21 10:16:53

@Kevin_Z  ahhh thank you now i get it

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1234

Replies: 4

Related Articles