TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-13 19:17:24 - last edited 2021-01-15 02:45:45
Model: VIGI C400HP  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20201120 rel.50406

Hello everyone,

I have a TP-Link Archer C7 with a Samsung M3 portable HDD as a media server. Recently, i bought a Samsung TU8000 Smart TV. The TV finds the M3 media server on LAN, but when I access it, no files are displayed, just some of the directories. I had already read here, on this forum, about some problems between TP-Link media server's implementation and Samsung's Smart TVs. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7-Solution
2021-01-14 16:29:27 - last edited 2021-01-15 02:45:45

Hello @Kevin_Z ! Thanks for interacting with me ;)

I tried Windows Media Player and could access all pictures, musics and videos on media server. It looks like ok. Later, I tried some shake on Samsung M3 HDD's configuration: Rearraged some folders inside, changed the name of media server on Archer C7's page, did unmount and mount again.. After turn off and on the Smart TV, looks like it has mapped all folders of media server, magically!

I can't explain logically what happened. I guess the change on media server's name has influenced most, maybe it has triggered some change of state on Smart TV's mapping, I don't know. Anyway, thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7
2021-01-13 19:22:12

@pedronandi Just one more important thing: When I plug the Samsung M3 directly on the Samsung TV, it all works fine... And the M3's system file is NTFS. Thanks again.

Options
Re:TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7
2021-01-14 03:14:22

@pedronandi 

Hello, thanks for posting your issue on the TP-Link community.

Can you please check if you have the same problem when you access the C7's Media Server (not the SMB network share) via "Windows Media Player"?

Please be aware that via the Media Server you will only see files of the types that are supported by the Media Server and/or the TV. If possible, try to add some files of older common formats (like *.mp3 or *.mpg) and check if they show up on the TV.

Options
Re:TV Samsung TU8000 has trouble to access media server (HDD) from TP-Link Archer C7-Solution
2021-01-14 16:29:27 - last edited 2021-01-15 02:45:45

Hello @Kevin_Z ! Thanks for interacting with me ;)

I tried Windows Media Player and could access all pictures, musics and videos on media server. It looks like ok. Later, I tried some shake on Samsung M3 HDD's configuration: Rearraged some folders inside, changed the name of media server on Archer C7's page, did unmount and mount again.. After turn off and on the Smart TV, looks like it has mapped all folders of media server, magically!

I can't explain logically what happened. I guess the change on media server's name has influenced most, maybe it has triggered some change of state on Smart TV's mapping, I don't know. Anyway, thanks!

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-01-15 02:45:39

@pedronandi 

Great job. yes We cannot assure you if renaming the media server on Archer C7's page helps, maybe the unmount and mount, or turn off and on the TV helps rescan the files, and magically did the trick.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 841

Replies: 4