Deco showing as offline in app but is currently green

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 01:31:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

I need help on how to fix my setup. 

Modem -> Deco -> Switch -> LAN

Modem -> Deco -> Wireless Deco

Hallway (2nd floor), Living room (Ground floor), I've set it up as they are directly above and below each other no closed ceiling in between a big open space on their front side.

I keep getting offline on my wireless deco on the app but it is showing green light on the wireless deco & it seems sometimes it gets bad connection, showing loading on google search or takes sometime to load videos on youtube.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco showing as offline in app but is currently green
2021-01-15 02:15:47

@animaskie 

Thanks for your patience.

As for the network, is it like this:

Modem—hallway main Deco—switch—LAN—2nd Deco, wireless to the 3rd Deco?

----based on the previous network structure, here seemed to be two Deco connected to the Deco together? Is your Deco working on the access point mode?

Would refreshing the APP recover the status of the living room Deco?

Since the signal on the vertical direction is the weakest, maybe a little angle would be much better;

If possible, could you please connect a wired laptop to the living room Deco when it is offline on the APP to check whether there is internet service or not?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco showing as offline in app but is currently green
2021-01-15 03:48:23
Hello, sorry for the confusion so here is the correct layout as far as decos are concerned Modem - hallway main deco -wireless deco. I only have 2 deco setup on a 2 story house. I dont plan to 100% cover the entire house. So main and the wireless decos are directly on top of each other separate by a floor and a big open space which is not entirely closed off. I also tried to connect via lan on my laptop on the wireless deco and it is not getting an internet connection. I havent touched anything on the settings yet so is it on default on AP mode?
Options