Problem connecting printer to Deco M5 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 10:22:16
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Rel. 66804

Hey,

I recently bought a Canon MB5150 printer for my home office but I'm having trouble connecting it to my network and using it wireless.
I am using 3 Deco M5 units in access point mode connected to my main provider's router to have a good connection on every floor of my house. My home office is situated on the second floor where I also have a unit nearby.

When I try to connect the printer to the main network (WOKNET 2,4 ghz/5 ghz with password) it doesn't succeed in making a connection, even when 5 ghz is turned off.
On the other hand, I tried making a GUEST network (2,4 ghz no password) and the it says it made a connection.
Can't find the unit when looking trying to connect to the device's IP, though.

When I use the device with a LAN cable everything works fine but obviously that'es not the purpose of a wireless printer.

I contacted Canon and they told me the problem was situated at the TP link network (which would seem odd) and that their device is working properly (which it is, I guess.)

Any advice/suggestions on fixing this?

Thx in advance!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem connecting printer to Deco M5 network
2021-01-15 03:29:35

@Bexorcist 

Hi,

Did  you used to set up the static IP address on the Canon printer?

--since we used to have feedback, the printer with static IP said connected, not actually they failed to get IP address from the Deco;

The related link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/180154

thanks and wait for your reply.

Options